New Asus Drivers for 810 2-20-13

Discussion in 'Asus' started by swagner53, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galtom

galtom Pen Pal - Newbie

I hope not, but at this stage I am not so sure. I am in contact with Asus support and they told me that are unable to reproduce the issue.

@Breed:

I have changed the line in install.cmd as instructed, re-run the update, this is what I got now.
    [ASUS Driver Install Start]
    22/02/2013 19:43:06.18

Insatll Inter Driver Start ...
    Insatll Inter Drive Done with 3010

Sensor Hub Firmware Update with 0

Digitizer BootLoader does not need update!!

Digitizer Firmware does not need update!!

Write TF810C Driver Package Version:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ASUS\Driver
    DisplayName REG_SZ TF810C Driver Package
    DisplayVersion REG_SZ 2.1.0.5

22/02/2013 19:48:34.26
    [ASUS Driver Install End]
    22/02/2013 20:47:30.90

Install Intel Driver Start ...
    Insatll Inter Drive Done with 3010

Sensor Hub Firmware Update with 5

Error happened during Driver Packing Installing!!
    22/02/2013 20:51:11.77
    23/02/2013 8:17:41.66

Intel Driver does not need update!!

23/02/2013 8:18:46.40

Intel Driver does not need update!!

Sensor Hub Firmware does not need update!!

Digitizer BootLoader does not need update!!

Digitizer Firmware does not need update!!

Write TF810C Driver Package Version:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ASUS\Driver
    DisplayName REG_SZ TF810C
    DisplayVersion REG_SZ 2.03

23/02/2013 8:18:48.88

So, it seems I got all the lasts firmware/drivers installed.
    If now sleep issue will not go away I think I will be forced to part with my Vivo Tab :-(
    And that makes me scarred as all 99% of Asus support in Poland I have heard are... not very good (at best).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Help! After installing the update, I uninstalled the synaptic control panel software because it prompted me to uninstall, now swiping gestures don't work and scrolling has been disabled too. In device manager I now have two Hid mouse compliant devices and no Synaptics touchpad. Short of a reset how can I salvage this mess please. Thanks.

3. nightworking

nightworking Pen Pal - Newbie

Just some positive things:

- Downloaded the driver pack via Live Update yesterday. Took a while and didn't show that it still worked, but you could observe the file in the download folder growing
    - Installation didn't start automatically. Maybe I missed something, but I decided to call the cmd file manually from an admin cmd box. That worked.
    - On restart, it crashed (BSOD)
    - On next restart, it updated the BIOS
    - Booted up OK

... and it helped. Graphics drivers are .1117 now, and many others were updated as well.
    - Google Earth does not crash in DirectX mode any more.
    - Lost not a single % of charge over night.
    - Screen flickering fixed.
    - but: slight instability of brightness, particularly noticeable in light grey areas at low briggtness -- anybody else notice that?

Regards
    nightworking

4. galtom

galtom Pen Pal - Newbie

5. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

Have you tried a full reset?

6. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

No worries. This is easily salvageable. I did the same thing when messing about with the HP drivers. You need to manually re-install the .infs.

In device manager, go to 'Mouse and other pointing devices', right click one of the HID compliant devices, go to properties and go to the Details tab. Select Hardware ID from the list. You're looking for SYNA after 'VEN'. If it's not there, it's the other HID compliant device you need. When you're on the right one, click Update driver in the 'General Tab'. 'Browse my computer for driver software', the 'Let me pick for a list'. Select 'Have Disk' and then browse to the touchpad driver folder in the .zip in this thread and select synpd.inf.

One done, do the same thing for the Synaptics HID Device in 'Human Interface Devices'. It'll be showing up as I2C HID Device. Do the same thing as above, look for SYNA after the vendor ID. Once you find the right one. Install synmihid.inf

If you have the dock:

You might also want to check you haven't uninstalled the keyboard driver. Under Keyboards, one of the three Keyboard Devices should have a Synaptics driver installed? The other two should be Microsoft drivers.

Have you installed all Windows Updates? If you have, I'd recommend what vadimpelau said, A full restore.

7. galtom

galtom Pen Pal - Newbie

Not yet.
    Is there a way to get back current settings and apps quickly after such reset.
    Getting it all back to current state is what I dread.

Is there a way to restore Windows and my settings and apps at the same time?

Should I Refresh my Windows or start from scratch and Remove & Reinstall?

8. tgwallbank

tgwallbank Pen Pal - Newbie

Just like to thank everyone for their comments which helped me get the update installed even though LiveUpdate continues to fail to connect to the server.

9. akmd

akmd Pen Pal - Newbie

I second this. Especially thanks to vadimpelau for making the file available. Liveupdate is still not able to connect to server. The advice on this thread is fantastic. My wifi and bluetooth keys on the dock is still not working but everything else is working perfectly as far as I can tell. Thanks again!

10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks Breed for the detailed walk-through. I did a reset and its back to normal. But could you please help me , I'm trying to delete the c/windows old files (taking 3.89GB space) but it keeps telling me I need permission from trustedinstaller to do this. I've tried going into the security settings of that folder to change permissions but its not working. There are more than 4 principals. Thanks again.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.