New ArtDock for Surface Pro

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DoctorBunsenHoneydew, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweeptheleg

sweeptheleg Pen Pal - Newbie

this is amazing and want to say thanks as well. I'd gladly pay money for something like this if it were developed into a bit more user friendly an app. as artist switch to tablet this program will be in very hugh demand. I can navigate in Maya nuke Photoshop syntheses after effects with just tablet. very powerful and should be developed .

2. davidf01

davidf01 Pen Pal - Newbie

hello,

I just bought the surface pro 2 and have downloaded the two files to install art dock. im not sure i did it right. can someone tell me step by step instructions on how to install this so i can use it with Zbrush? like i said im not that familiar with the surface or art dock so im not sure if everything is where it should be. sorry if this seems like a dumb question. The problem is I cant find the C drive on the surface pro 2. I know that sounds dumb but I cant see the C:

I keep getting an error that says Control definition file "C:\artdock\alt\SBPDockP_P.txt could not found. Script will exit.......not sure what this means.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  3. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Installed no problem on my SP2. If you can't see your C: drive you have bigger problems that need to be addressed first.

Sent from my GS4

4. davidf01

It is not that I cant see it, it just that in explorer it does not show c: it says "This PC" or Destop and a bunch of others I'm just not sure where to put the artdock folder. I'm sure I will figure it out.
    Thanks for the help though.

5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...it says "This PC" or Destop and a bunch of others...>>

...Open My Computer. In the new window, you will see a series of folders such as Desktop and Download.

Look down (or scroll down) to Devices and Drives. The "Windows (C: )" drive is your C: drive...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  6. czm2000

Oh, I see. Yeah, follow Steve's instructions and you'll be fine.

Sent from my GS4

7. davidf01

I did figure it out. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

8. darthjosh

darthjosh Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey I just wanted to come back and let people know that if you have a surface pro I ended up tweaking the original art dock by konartist and made it more surface pro friendly. As well as an overhaul of the appearance to make it fit more with windows 8 and the surface.

surfacePro_artDock

if you have questions feel free to ask.

9. czm2000

Very nice effort. Thanks. Unfortunately its not very usable for me since I'm right handed and its already bothersome to me the few times I've tried it to have to drag it to the left of the screen every time. Otherwise I would have loved using it. Its a shame too cause its the most useful dock I've seen to date.

10. darthjosh

darthjosh Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah I am a lefty, a friend of mine made the wrapper.exe that calls the left handed script. But I can ask him to make a right handed one and post an update. And thank you for trying it out. I haven't ever done anything like that before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.