New ArtDock for Surface Pro

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DoctorBunsenHoneydew, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basicleader

basicleader Pen Pal - Newbie

I've finished my Surface's artdock optimized for openCanvas, but I don't have it on my laptop, still here is a picture of the artdock itself:

998840_10151802823627845_995210181_n.jpg

Of course, the big set of windows can be hidden thanks to Tab on the artdock, which makes the drawing zone bigger! While speed sketching or painting, I only change the brush size (CTRL ALT) use the hand tool (Space) and some Undo which are the closest from my thumb while holding the surface. Next to those, you'll find the second thing I use the most when speed painting, the opacity from 30% to 100% which is why it's just close by!

I'll post it next time !!!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  2. Lepra

Lepra Pen Pal - Newbie

nice one i like it :D looks really useful

3. basicleader

basicleader Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey there!

Lepra, I'm glad you like it too. I enjoyed the simple win8 like design from the beginning so, it was fun making this artdock. I modified it to make it easy to customize, I took out my softwares icons and replaced them with numbers. So what ever your software, it still looks ok..!!! For now, the 4 docks are all the same which means they are meant to be used with openCanvas (Brush size CTRLALT is not the same in other softwares I guess) but still, if you use a different one, you can easily change stuffs in the dockX.txt to suit your shortcuts!

Capture.jpg

As far as I'm concerned, I'm gonna make my 4 docks optimized for use with openCanvas, MangaLabo, Flipbook, and Artrage. But since it's not done yet, I upload this version which hopefully will be easy to tweak to suit your own needs!

Here is the zip file : ArtDock - Surface Pro.zip

4. UncleZeiv

UncleZeiv Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all, the DPI problem on the Surface Pro is easy to fix. The Authotkey changelog links to an option you can use to disable dpi scaling: basically just add a line like this

Code:
    Gui -DPIScale
    at the beginning of all the ahk files (I tried it after the "Process" line) and it works just fine for us folks who like our interface scaling set to 125% or 150%!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. zacly

zacly Pen Pal - Newbie

THANKYOU!!! This seems to have fixed my phantom button presses issue with the original art dock and the Zbrush script runs with illustrator as well! now i can undo in illustrator on my slate. just a heads up, try using tguard to turn touch on and off without having to restart

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey what is tguard? I mean, why do we need something to disable touch if, in theory, surface has already the palm rejection function?

7. hunter99

hunter99 To Old Now

Hi dream,
    See post #49 here http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/software/56322-apps-tablet-pc-5.html#post336459
    TGuard is attached. hunter99

NOTE:
    Don't have a Surface Pro but if palm rejection works the same as my EP121 Win7 or Helix Win8 it only works when the pen is near the screen.
    So some want it always off, except for touch when using one of the Docks.
    TGuard does this with NO NEED to log on and off. It can be used as a stand alone or replacing the #TouchControl keys in the Dock.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  8. dream3

Guys, Im having issues with artdock and Zbrush 4R5.

I open the artdock fine and I can touch on the onscreen buttons. As soon as I change the window to Zbrush, the dock freezes and I cant use it or touch it at all.

That does not happen with Photoshop.

I turned the touch option off, but like I said, it just happens when I switch windows to Zbrush.

Ideas?

9. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi dream 3,

It has been reported many times elsewhere that this kind of script is unresponsive when ZBrush is run in Admin mode. I don't know if either of the following is possible (I don't have a Surface Pro nor Win 8 or ZBrush installed), but you could maybe try to run ZBrush not in Admin mode or run ArtDock in Admin mode (the latter may be more difficult).

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  10. dream3

Ill try to do both!

But you actually mean running autokey in admin mode? Or the artdock? Im not sure how to run artdock in admin mode. Tips?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.