New ArtDock for Surface Pro

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DoctorBunsenHoneydew, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hassan

Hassan Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello every one

First I Wold like to thank you for the effort, but sadly its not working for me :( , I'm having the same problem that Lepra is having and I can't get to fix it, I tried to follow your instruction DoctorBunsenHoneydew if we lost touch in win 8 but I don't think I'm doing it right.
    So please if any one can help I'll be thank full .

2. Lepra

Lepra Pen Pal - Newbie

i think what DoctorBunsenHoneydew means is to press the hand with no X on it... and then restart the device.
    i went into the script and deleted them so i cant press on them.

3. Chriscache

Chriscache Pen Pal - Newbie

I had no problems reanable the touch funktion. Start Script and enable touch -then restart. Worked for me.

4. Sarcastic_MrFox

Sarcastic_MrFox Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone know why my the buttons do not align with where I am touching on my screen? I'll try using the alt button and the script thinks im using space :s

5. Lepra

Lepra Pen Pal - Newbie

Its becouse you have Magnify on. 125/150% makes the art dock to get out of sync with touch for some reason.

ControlPanel - Screen - Chose 100%

hope it helps.

I cant get mine to work in zbrush or any other program. i cant even touch the buttons with hands or pen it just vanishes and its not responsive.
    I Need it to be OnTopScreen all the time but i dont know how. i found some code you canplace in the script but were. for me its just hyroglyphs...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  6. basicleader

basicleader Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone, to clear things up on the touch off issue. If it happens to you, you need to Start the script again, activate touch by hitting the hand without cross icon, and finally completely restart your device (do not, Just like I did, push the power button twice, since it would only put your device into sleeping mode and then wake it up) - Only after a complete reboot did my touch screen worked normally again! Now, I ll Start Scripting it to suit my opencanvas use on the surface! Enjoy!

7. Lepra

Lepra Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks basicleader.

I found some other issues.
    If you run Zbrush in admin mode it over runs the script and you cant use it how to fix - on icon right click - Properties > Turn off Administrator off.
    if you have zoom on desktop it get out of sync how to fix - Controlpanel > Screen > 100%, "Would love a string to turn this off in the script"

I took away the Touch on and off buttons becouse MS Surface has palm feeling.

8. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi Lepra,

I don't remember users of this kind of script having that many problems with the magnification (100 -> 125 -> 150%). I don't have Win 8 nor a Surface Pro so I can't help you much but maybe you could try the following:

- That the magnification messes ArtDock seems to be a new problem and I wonder if it may be caused by the version of AutoHotkey that you are using. Specifically, version 1.1.11 of AutoHotkey (the current one, and the one you most likely have if you installed AutoHotkey after June 21) introduced a new function to automatically scale the AutoHotkey interfaces like ArtDock (which in AutoHotkey language are called a GUI) when the Windows magnification is changed. Maybe your problem comes from that?
    - Try downloading the previous version of AutoHotkey (see version 1.1.10 from 24-May-2013 23:51 here: Index of /v/). If you run the installer, it should completely replace the version that you currently have.
    - Run ArtDock again and see if you still get the same resizing issues.

Is that any better?

Also:
    ArtDock is one of a variety of AutoHotkey scripts that are derived from the much different original one from here:
    http://39kasen.sakura.ne.jp/rawinputcontroltest/
    While you may not be interested in this original script, a while ago I wrote some instructions on how to customize this kind of script. You may find the instructions in post #80 here:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ep1...at-tool-your-ep121-must-see-8.html#post269726

Although ArtDock is much more complex than the example in the instructions, maybe you'll find some info that can help you make ArtDock fit your needs better. Also note that your discovery about ZBrush and the Admin mode was already documented, as written on p.2 of these instructions.

Finally, just a heads up: AutoHotkey is the language that was used to write the original script and then ArtDock. Everyone that uses ArtDock needs to use AutoHotkey, but greater than 99% of people who use AutoHotkey do not know and will never know or use ArtDock. So if you ask questions on the forum here, but especially on the AutoHotkey forum, you'll probably want to be more descriptive and precise in the description of the problems that you are encountering. Also, since people on both forums are volunteers that are just trying to help you, I suggest you should try everything you can to make your posts as clear as possible. That includes running spell checks/autocorrect and writing full sentences with proper capitalization and punctuation. I understand that you mentioned on the AutoHotkey forum that you are not good at grammar, but this difficulty should not hinder your capacity to run a spell check or to write full sentences. People just want to help you, but if you don't give them the opportunity to understand you, they won't.

Best of luck!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  9. basicleader

basicleader Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm back and I'm stuck with one problem.
    I personally chose to make my artdock like a tree building down from the menu dock but without hiding it, see the picture below.

octab1.jpg

As you can see, I opened my opencanvas dock below the menu dock and both are still displayed. To do this, I changed the control: dock of all my software buttons to control:appDock, which as it is, allows us to open a new Second gui while keeping the menudock displayed.

On a second thought and while working on my flipbook animation software, it turned out I need to use the numpad from time to time. I decided to make it appear below the opencanvas dock, but as far as my experiments went, I haven't found a way to make appear in another THIRD gui while keeping the 2 others displayed.

I looked around the scripting of both appdock and dock controls, but none of my changes have done anything good. I,m stuck with a maximum of one second gui, which means if I open a numpad dock, the opencanvas dock disappears to let the numpad appears, and vice versa. see the picture below, I can only have the numpad or the opemcanvas dock alone, not both at the same time.

octab2.jpg

If it cant be done, Ill just add the numpad into the opencanvas or flipbook dock straight, but if there s a way to do it, Id like to study it in case pf more experiments. Thanks everyone.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  10. Lepra

Lepra Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks lblb that version worked nicely.
    But the artdock is HUGE now, any chanse there is a way to configure so its not effected by the magnifier ?
    I been looking around for a script or string but i cant find anything :p
    Then i was thinking that it may exist a string for a shortcut like -disable dpi ? but i cant find anything about that eather.

//thanks

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.