New ArtDock for Surface Pro

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DoctorBunsenHoneydew, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoctorBunsenHoneydew

DoctorBunsenHoneydew Scribbler - Standard Member

For the version I made, I docked it permanently to the left side, and removed the drag bars to make it as simple and consistent as possible.

Yeah you might want to try the original ArtDock in the meantime, while I get a lefty version going.

2. darthjosh

darthjosh Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, I will try that one for now. Is there a large difference between yours and the other one?

3. DoctorBunsenHoneydew

Mine is super minimal, whereas the original has a ton of buttons.

4. muchlove106

muchlove106 Pen Pal - Newbie

I would like to 1st say thank you thank you for changing the org script into this one it is 95% perfect for my use. I am a zbrush user and it would be super great if you can tell me or post a file where I can place the dock anywhere on my screen Please it would make my day.

I am using the New Samsung Ativ smart pc pro and it is an 11.6 display so I need to have my thumbs a little higher. The attached file is used my new tablet and your setup to model I thought I would share. But from artist to another if you can sett it up to be placed anywhere I could move a lot better when modeling. If you could help it would be great. Thank you again.

Alien kid.jpg

5. DoctorBunsenHoneydew

Glad you find it useful :)

This coming week, I'll add a small handle that will allow you to move the window around. It will always default to the corner position, but you can move it anywhere after that. Would that work?

6. DoctorBunsenHoneydew

ok, updated the script.

on the newest version, you can drag the window wherever you want by dragging the ps/sai/sbp/zb button.

7. muchlove106

muchlove106 Pen Pal - Newbie

You are a LIFE SAVER!!!! THANK YOU!!! UI is clean and simple. With your permission I would to create a posting in Zbrushcentral.com/ so that many other zbrush users can us your interface it's just so clean and inputs are large fantastic.

8. DoctorBunsenHoneydew

Welcome :)

Just link back to this post, so that the original creators get credit and any feedback stays on this forum.

9. skwayb

skwayb Pen Pal - Newbie

Strangest thing, after I installed AutoHotKey and the script, everything was working great. I shutdown the Surface Pro and went home. When I booted it back up, my touchscreen would stop working after I logged in every time. I had to Reinstall the OS to get it working again. Tried it out one more time and same thing happened. So not sure why since it is working for others. So no Artdock for me at this time. :-(

10. DoctorBunsenHoneydew

On windows 7, you can dynamically turn touch off and on, but on windows 8, they changed it so you have to restart for the change to take effect.

So if you "lost" touch, all you need to do is open art dock, press the enable touch button, and then restart.

Sorry you though you had to reinstall, because that's totally unnecessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.