New ArtDock for Surface Pro

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DoctorBunsenHoneydew, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey darthjosh, do you think you would be able to port this version of artdock (ArtDock by Konartist3D on deviantART) for using with the surface?

That one is seriously on another level of awesomeness.

I'm willing to donate a couple dollars for anyone interested in doing that!

2. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's perfect. You are the best! Thank you so much.

Sent from my GS4

3. darthjosh

darthjosh Pen Pal - Newbie

Well your in luck, that's the one i started with and tweaked it to look like it belongs on a windows 8 tablet.

4. dream3

Haha wow. that's awesome. You showed up with that exactly when I needed one!

Also, how can I change the icon to the original ones? Have no idea.

I want to donate 5 bucks to you btw!

5. darthjosh

If you want the old images back, take the file called artDock_originalImages and rename it img. Then replace the img file that is already in the artdock folder. Then you will have the original buttons that Konartist made.

And you don't need to donate any money because I like to share with the community. I had to make something that I was searching for since February when I got my surface. So enjoy and create amazing art!

6. dream3

Thanks a lot man! That's simply great :)

ps: Im having trouble switching from brush to eraser. When I swipe down it changes to colorpicker rather than eraser. Is it working for you? Maybe Im doing something wrong with my finger haha

7. darthjosh

PhotoShopDock

Paste this file in the txt folder replacing the photoshopdock.txt. There were quite a few errors in the original scripts where the hot keys don't match what the buttons say. If you ever want to change a hot key you can open the script and find which row the button you want to change is in then scroll through the corresponding dock txt file and you can see where is says something like up button, down button, and change it to whatever you like. In zbrush there are four custom buttons and i assigned them to custom pallets for myself. Its not too daunting to poke around the text files. I encourage it since the art dock is highly customizable. Just make a copy of the original txt and play around with the duplicate. That way nothing gets messed up if you do something crazy.

8. dream3

Great explanation! Thank you very much!

And regarding this file you posted here, what is the difference between it and the original one?

9. darthjosh

I made the eraser button work instead of using the picker.

10. CFallonArt

CFallonArt Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, I just registered to this forum to thank you SO MUCH for this tool. It has literally made my Surface Pro 2 worth the money I spent.

I'm used to working on a Intuos 3 tablet with my brush size bound to the slider, and then my color picker/undo/magnify bound to the side keys. After hours of struggling to find something similar over the internet I stumbled upon this and it's met my needs PERFECTLY! Now I can use my surface the same way as my intuos!

For some suggestions;
    Undo works well, but I can't slide to the right for redo?

A button for Ctrl (alike to the Shift key) would be great for selection purposes!

Having Ctrl+U (hue slider), Merge Layers, and Ctrl+L (levels) would be great. Also X for foreground/background color switching and a way to bring up the Photoshop color wheel (Shift+Alt+RClick) A lot of digital artists use those shortcuts a lot.

I read about the editing capabilities in the posts above so I'll take a look into doing this myself as well.
    On a Surface, at least, the actual tool bar keys are not necessary because they're easy enough to access in the regular photoshop menu. Such as; I don't need Lasso/Wand or eraser (since the pen end erases.)

Anyway, I love your tool and hope you keep at it. The alt key and brush size are perfect. If there's a way to make the menu work with touch while my pen is on the screen then it'd just be that much better!
    Great job, and thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.