New 8" HP w/ optional pen?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by jhoff80, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burningorange

burningorange Pen Pal - Newbie

I placed my order a week ago. You can do it by going to hp.com, searching for the 608 in the search box (which takes you here http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-search/search-results.html?ajaxpage=1#/page=1&/qt=hp pro tablet 608) where you can choose one of four SKUs to order from the SMB site. The pen is currently unavailable for order, so I'm still waiting for that... The accessories listed are basically the HP Pro Slate 8 accessories, which should be ok, since the ports and dimensions are identical.

soh5 and twitfri like this.
  2. twitfri

twitfri Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks! I placed my order as well through the link you provided. I don't know why it is hidden from their main HP store. Do you know how good is their return policy?

This is my first time trying out an Atmel pen, and so far nothing besides Wacom has pleased me, so I am very apprehensive.

3. Avenger

Avenger Scribbler - Standard Member

I would like to order one, but I need the pen available because I use some legacy apps where I would have to be able to touch some very small graphical elements. I wouldn't want to have the tablet and have to wait a very long time for the pen. I remember in the past (I think it was HP), where a tablet was available a very long time before they released the pen.

4. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

Have you received it yet? If so, what do you think of it? I'm on the fence now if I should go for it or just hold out for it to ship with Win10.

5. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Holy cow, it will ship on August 6th... If you ordered on 7/17...

6. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Why is HP insisting on Atmel? Is that to cut $50 on the cost of the machine? Or have HP and Wacom parted ways?

This 8" tablet with a Wacom Pen and silo would be neat.

Bronsky and thierryb like this.
  7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The device would be far more attractive in that configuration. By adopting the G2 pen, the tablet looses a lot of the advantages of tis size. There is this beautifully sized tablet with this giant pen that you have to lug around. Kinda defeats the purpose. It is odd that only Asus put all the elements together to have a nearly perfect 8" device. Wish HP's engineers had been paying attention.

8. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

HP still uses Wacom in the Core M powered Elitepad X2 1011.

Mesosphere likes this.
  9. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

That pen is powered by a AAA battery YIKES. I already thought the AAAA powered Thinkpad Pen was a little fat, the Surface Pen is nice.

I cannot imagine how thick and clunky that pen must be.

10. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Does someone know what kind of NFC-Chip is put in there?
    I would be really interested if it could be used for programming ( we are producing electronic door locks ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.