NEW 2740p Wacom Driver Updates Nov 22

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by in4mer, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

New drivers. Hopefully they fix some of your problems.

Not very detailed release notes so not sure what it "enhances" and fixes

2. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I've had too many bad experiences with new drivers; If anyone is braver, can you report in as to:

1. Do they screw up any functionality?
    2. Do they improve " " ?

3. Incitatus

Incitatus Scribbler - Standard Member

No problems to report here. The Horrible Orientation oversight has been corrected.

Fidelity is improved somewhat, and there is a new tablet manager launchable from the control panel that gives you a few more options for customizing.

4. lovelaptops

Is it actually called "Tablet Manager?" I may have had an install problem, as I do not see such an icon in Control Panel after a restart. Thanks.

Wow, sounds like a win! Thanks for being brave ;)

5. Incitatus

Incitatus Scribbler - Standard Member

No, it's called "IDT display or something along those lines.

It can be launched from the calibrate option of the standard Windows "tablet pc settings"

6. lovelaptops

Still can't locate those additional settings, not in calibrate either - if you could be even more specific as t what new menus come up...

That said, the new drivers make both touch and pen input super-responsive. Haven't messed with rotation yet, but I am already impressed!

one new wrinkle; the side button to rotate the screen seems to be disabled. can you check yours?

7. ken2010

ken2010 Pen Pal - Newbie

8. lovelaptops

I admit that I am just under a dark cloud when it comes to my 2740p, but while I love the new Wacom drivers in every way, I have lost the use of the screen rotation button ONLY. The esc button works fine and I can rotate the screen via software, even Windows Mobility Center, but I have installed, uninstalled and re-installed the launch drivers and I cannot get that rotation button to work since I installed the new Wacom drivers. If no one has another idea, I am going to have to make the dreaded call to HP! Please, save me from that fate!!

EDIT: I gave up and called HP tech support and they immediately came up with the fix, as counterintuitive as it was: they had me re-install the Intel Graphics drivers and, voila! I've got my great new Wacom drivers AND got my screen rotation button working again as well as the automatic flip from landscape to portrait when I flip into tablet mode (don't always prefer that, but short of making an adjustment I'm not even sure how to make, it is the way it is supposed to work, and I can now flip the orientation 90 deg at a time with the button.

9. act-tpcr

act-tpcr Pen Pal - Newbie

not sure what this applies to. checked in device manager and wacom devices there are using microsoft drivers. should i install/upgrade these? what devices are listed there that are applicable? i am a newbie to tablet pcs

10. lovelaptops

Go to the driver download page:

HP EliteBook 2740p Tablet PC- Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

and download and install the latest Wacom drivers, dated 30 November 2010. For most, it goes perfectly fine and you get more accurate and responsive touch and pen functionality. If you experience, as I did, a disabling of the screen rotation button on the bottom of the screen and the screen does not automatically go from landscape to portrait whenever you go from laptop to tablet mode, download and install the Intel HD Graphics drivers - even if you arlready have the most recent ones, and it puts everything back ship-shape. You may not need to do this second steip; others have reported no problems just installing the latest Wacom drivers.

Fell free to post any other questions you have. We love to help "newbies" here :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.