Network Transfer

Discussion in 'Professions' started by pigeontongue, Oct 31, 2015.

1. pigeontongue

pigeontongue Pen Pal - Newbie

I work in a diagnostic clinic and we are transferring to a bigger space next month. I was tasked to administrate everything with this relocation. I’ve been doing some research and reading articles such as this http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/hsprograms/office_relocation.html. My biggest concern is our network which is very essential for our operations. We don’t have IT personnel to do the job I wonder if anyone here can suggest anything, I really don’t know where to start. I just know basic networking this one needs advance knowledge I guess. Thanks.

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

It is very difficult to provide any advice when the provisions provided are this meager. Do you use static IP addresses or not. Do you have your files on an internal cloud server or not, what ports do you close down and which are left open? It sounds to me, and no offence intended, that you are in over your head. My suggestion would be to hire an IT consultant.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

3. pigeontongue

pigeontongue Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for that! That's what we are trying to do now. We're now sourcing for about 3-4 IT companies. We already have 2 in our list...Parachutetechs and ICS. We need 1 or 2 more and we'll request for proposals. In case you can recommend one, we'll be glad to consider too. Thanks!