Need Some decision help from Forums.

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Smoothcrm7, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smoothcrm7

Smoothcrm7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey All
    I've got some quick questions and comments for..well who ever can help.

As everyone knows I'm sure because of my recent burst in posts = ). I got my tablet did the Windows Anytime Upgrade to ultimate. That is where the trouble starts. FJSetslt.exe stops working...Ok thats fine i can semi deal with that I have been using vista since Beta 2 and get thats its still being worked on and thats ok.

In an effort to restore FJsetslt I created a restore point and uninstalled live onecare in an effort to try and fix this. Well this created more problems A. Did not fix anything proving it was vista ultimate not live one care. Now I get the indexing error+live one care has had a lot of issues with me restoring it so ill have to reinstall and figure out how to reactive without using up another subscription.

So the big question is

A. live with it
    B. Revert back to buisness and wait for the Ultimate fix
    C. Clean Install ultimate and install the drivers that fujitsu gave me
    D. Revert back to buisness and upgrade install to ultamite one more time heh

P.S For some strange reason windows bitlocker doesnt know i got the anytime upgrade so i have to write down the ultimate CD key in order for it to work.

THANKS ALL!!!

2. gil-galad

gil-galad Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd try option C if I were you. But that's just my 2 cents, I don't like that upgrade stuff anyway and would probably have done a clean install even without having any problems. Oh, btw, I don't think uninstalling live one care proves anything, uninstall often doesn't remove everything.

3. Smoothcrm7

Smoothcrm7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the info. sorry about the slow reponse I've been away
    Anyone else have an opionion?

4. ahamilton55

ahamilton55 Scribbler - Standard Member

I know that it sucks but it seems that you're best bet would be a back up of all your data and then use your disks for Vista Business then before you do anything else, upgrade your computer to Vista Ultimate. If your system is working well then install all the other programs to see if one of those is the problem.

It sucks when you just want something to work and it just doesn't. I've reinstalled Ubuntu on my Desktop about 6 times this month because I'm just getting back into it and have screwed a few things up. But I love reinstalling everything because I'm weird like that I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.