Need setup advice for a refurb Vivotab Note 8

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Luckysparkplug, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Luckysparkplug

Luckysparkplug Pen Pal - Newbie

I purchased a manufacturer refurbished Vivotab Note 8 with 32GB. I've never owned a Windows Tablet and own an Android phone; so, Windows 8 is new to me. I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

What should I do first? I downloaded a few apps; but, now I kind of want to back up and do all the things I need to do before going further. Should I do a backup of the system to an sd card first? This seems like a stupid question now that i've typed it but there it is.

When i checked the device storage this morning it said: 2.5GB of 20.26GB avail. There is 700mb of apps.
    This seems wrong. 2.5GB? What am I missing? There is no music, no pictures, no documents on it yet.

One last question: It has Office 2015 on it but when I tried to open it it acted as if I were installing...okay..that's fine except there is not enough memory left....any thoughts on that?

I'm not sure what to do ...something seems off...

Thoughts?

Thank you for your help.

2. Luckysparkplug

Luckysparkplug Pen Pal - Newbie

I Poked around some more and found that 8GB is partitioned.

Should I shrink this? Any other advice is appreciated. I can't seem to find a way to move apps to the sd card...though...that doesn't seem to be eating up all my GB.

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Those 8 GB is Windows in case you need to reinstall at some point. Removing it frees up ask that space but in case you need to reinstall Windows you'll have to jump through a few hoops.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.