Need Natural Inking and Text Recognition Solution

Discussion in 'Software' started by Barry J. Doyle, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marklar11111

marklar11111 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Tablet Gurus:

I am getting ready to purchase a tablet PC soon and wanted to know if there was a way to do both inking-to-text-conversion AND permanent inking in MS Word 2003 in a way that is seamless.

What I want to do is to be able to enter text naturally in MS Word 2003 with a stylus, have it converted to text. But I also want to be able to markup this text with red ink to write comments, do strikethroughs. It would be nice to have both these writing processes work in a seamless manner.

I hear that 3rd party programs like Ritepen do a fairly good job of handwriting recognition in virtually any tablet pc application. So it seems that entering text wont be a problem in Word.

But what can I use in accompaniment to Ritepen to mark up text with my red ink? That TIP interface from what I've read seems a bit cumbersome?

Is there another more natural way to mix these two writing styles in MS Word 2003?

Your help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

MarkLar

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You can strikethrough text and markup your document in red ink using plain old Word 2003 on your Tablet PC. There is no need for additional software since all Office 2003 apps. have ink functionality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.