Need help! Real word battery life between i5 and i7 on new surface pro......

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Perry8912, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Perry8912

Perry8912 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello guys,

Trying to pick up a new surface pro this weekend. But don't know which model should I choose. I want the 512 GB version so I don't have to bring my external hard drive with me. But the battery life of i7 makes me worried.

Here is some reviews from notebookcheck,
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Micro...7300U-256-GB-Convertible-Review.230716.0.html

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Micro...512-GB-16-GB-Convertible-Review.236968.0.html

The battery life on the i5 model seems a lot better than i7. So what's the real word experience from you guys?

If I use power saving setting on the i7, will I get the same battery life as i5 does in recommend setting?

Please share you thought.
    8-9hrs battery life is really important to me.

Thanks

2. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Unless someone owns or has owned both it's a bit difficult to comment on real world battery length. I have an i5 model with the i7 arriving on Tuesday. If I can I'll run a test but it's difficult as they need to be used etc.

Basically I'd go for the i5 if you really need that battery life due to no fan.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I'd say the i5 battery lasted much more compared to the i7 (8gb 256gb), but I never did any extensive test on them.
    If the i7 is the 16gb 512gb then logic would say it'd last even less unless they used a larger battery.

4. excalibur1814

Yet, supposedly the i7 would complete a task quicker resulting, possibly, in better battery life. Maybe. I'd go for the core M if battery life is A on the list.

5. excalibur1814