Need help making a purchase decision.

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Morning Song, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Morning Song

Morning Song Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been drawing for a couple years on a Fujitsu T901 that I got used--which is great but for a couple issues (part of the touchscreen doesn't work and i have intermittent non-post issues so I'm not sure how long I'll have it)

But I've got an opportunity to buy a secondhand Cintiq 13HD touch for US$400 from someone relatively local. Is this a good deal for the tablet? Is the 13HD touch any good? (I seem to vaguely recall hearing reports of problems with it in the past) Will it be a good upgrade from drawing on a penabled laptop? (in terms of pen tracking and feel, features, parallax)?

2. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

$400 is a pretty good price dependant on its condition. Can you try before you buy?

From what I've read, Wacom's bonding process takes much of the parallax issues out of the equation as compared to older tabletpcs so you should see huge improvement.

3. Morning Song

Morning Song Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd be picking it up in person so that shouldn't be a problem

4. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Those things average around $800 on eBay.

The Cintiq's 1920 x 1080 screen would be nice step up from the T901's 1280 x 800. -Around the same screen size, but fitting more and tinier graphics.

Also, at the risk of stating what you may already be aware of, the Cintiq is just a screen and will need a separate computer to plug into. Those things have a bundle of wires and a separate power supply, so they're not portable in the traditional sense.

If you're prepared for that, then it sounds like a good deal.

stoneseeker likes this.