Need Help - I am unable to open bios in my umpc.

Discussion in 'UMPC - Ultra Mobile PC' started by xerone.9, Aug 8, 2014.

1. xerone.9

xerone.9 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a FUJITSU F-07C UMPC comes with dual OS.
    1-Symbian
    2-Windows 7

The windows registry is got corrupted. I have tried to use startup recovery but no use. when UMPC starts up it only shows press f12 for boot options. I have tried all other keys like from f1 to f12 and delete etc but unable to open bios.
    In its boot options it only shows one boot option "sd card slot - flash memory devicet". I have made so many bootable memory cards like, Windows 7 and windows xp and hirens boot. but unable to boot. Neither I am able to locate card in windows recovery mode.

Memory card is working fine because in symbian mode it shows memory card.

Any helpful replies will be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

2. QWERTYAndreas

QWERTYAndreas Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi
    To enter the BIOS one have to press "F12" during boot, there is no other way. You should be able access the boot menu and recovery menu from there. If you cannot enter BIOS this way, i do not know how i should help you.

Have you tried booting off an USB pen?

Best regards

3. xerone.9

Thanks for replying. It helps but now there is another issue...

f12 is for boot options. I wanted to open BIOS so that I can see the hardware and other suff.

f-07c has no built in USB port So I bought a component via which I have connected USB I have tried booting from USB. It does boot (FINALLY!!!) the setups start and then after few screens when it gets to "where to install" it says there is no drive in your PC. So I am unable to install windows neither can repair it. Any idea how to fix that issue.

Thanks again

4. QWERTYAndreas

There is no such part of the BIOS

To install you need the special eMMC driver, i will upload it in the weekend.

Best regards

5. QWERTYAndreas

Here you go, use the driver to access the disk.

I recommend installing Windows 8

Attached Files:

6. xerone.9

Thanks. It worked. It shows drives now.

Somehow I managed to perform a restore. I will try installing windows later.

Thanks again.

7. xerone.9

With the help of the driver you uploaded I have installed fresh copy of windows 7 home premium. I installed all the drivers the windows is working fine. But,

1-Wifi is not turning on. In device manager it shows that driver is installed. Is there a specific key to turn it on (I dont think so) or is there any other utility software or any other driver. The driver I installed is Atheros AR6003.

2-The windows is running on 1.2 GHz frequency and I am unable to low it to 600 MHz.

Thanks

8. QWERTYAndreas

Hey Again. Sorry for the late reply. Send me a PM, and you can have my email :)

1. Just turn ALL powersaving measures off in devicemanager, under the Wireless Card.

2. That is strange.... Never heard of it, and wish it was me. I have no idea.

9. xerone.9

I did sort out above mentioned problems.

Thanks

I was unable to install windows 8 in it. It gives error some sort of optical drive driver issues.

Windows 7 experience is not good. The unit is very very slow and it gives BSODs too much. I was thinking running linux in it. But I am unable to install driver for monitor (unable to rotate screen).

Thanks. I sure appreciate all your replies.

10. QWERTYAndreas

That is strange. I just loaded it to a USB, and then it worked.

Windows 7 is okay in my opinion, but yep - it is a Little slow. I have not experienced any BSODs.

I have tried ubuntu, but i could not get it working either... So i think Windows 7/8 is the best bet, depending on what one wants to use it for.