Need help from HP TX2Z users please! MULTITOUCH BUG

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by Groboto, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Groboto

Groboto Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, i try detect if a bug i see on HPTM2, is present in other machines with diferent digitizers.

If the answer is yes, this is a bug of windows 7 multitouch api core, and make windows 7 non usable for critical or realtime aplications, like games, or audio appz, etc etc.

Just need please make this test on your TX2Z and confirm if this happen on your machine.

Basically is a simple test, and consist in open MICROSOFT PAINT , you just should and make very faster touchs.

Here a video i created where you can see how i perform the test and how ghost false touchs are generated creating lines.

YouTube - BUG VIDEO 3

The bug are that lines, all that lines are created due false incorrect touch event generated, if this is a HPTM bug, you no see lines you see just points on every place your fingers make contacts.
    If this happen on a any other different machine to HP TM2 like tx2z, THAT CONFIRM IS A BUG ON WIN 7

This is a big problematic situation due this make windows 7 multitouch useless.

Here a simple example showing how this bug can cause problems to aplication.
    In this video you can see 3 multitouch buttons, you can se when make faster taps on the side rectangles, the rectangle in the middle is activated.

YouTube - BUG-VIDEO-1

What i showed in this video is a multitouch aplication, simple example created by me, if you want test just download from here:
    https://connect.microsoft.com/Visua...ch-system-non-usable-for-realtime-aplications
    Expand the post, and download the zip, inside you have the source code and the exe inside bin folder.
    Need net framework 4 installed for run this simple appz.

Imagine now that aplication is a game, or just a simple virtual piano..........this false touchs make appz, non reliable.

I really apreciate if some tx2z user, or if you have any other multitouch device repeat this test and confirm the result.

If this only happen on my tm2, is a bug of wacom system on tm2, if not is a windows 7 bug make multitouch useless, and unreliable.

Please make this test and confirm your results, after this conrimation finish i have a second bug for show and second test to do.
    Really apreciate your help, for now, just please make that simple ms paint test.
    Remember make faster taps, like i showed on the video.

Best regards.

note: my native language is spanish, i apologize fot my basic english.

2. Groboto

Groboto Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you so much for your time for test this : )

If somebody wnay go beyond of that simple MS PAINT test, make this:

http://www.pablomartin.com/BugTest.zip (need installed netframework4) if you not have installed when you run appz, should start download automatically from web.

INSIDE YOU HAVE THE 2 MULTITOUCH APPZ, i used for do the test and report the troubles i already reported on microsoft connect:. please go an read:

https://connect.microsoft.com/Visua...h-system-non-usable-for-realtime-aplications#

For understand more, go to connect and read.

One more question , you have windows 7 or windows vista on your tx2?
    This bug happen only under widnows 7 not under vista!, please confirm that too.

Really apreciated know the result on different machines of TM2, anyway if somebody want make this 2 test for see the 2 bugs, please do !

3. zirdaj

zirdaj Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi! I have a tx2-1011au, running Ntrig driver version 2.239 with 4 touch points, with Win7 64-bit for my OS. I did the MS Paint test, and I ended up with just dots - no buggy lines.

I have multitouch games included in the Windows Touchpack. I tried a 2-player Microsoft Rebound (which would make use of 4 touch points) and everything works fine.

4. Groboto

Groboto Pen Pal - Newbie

zirdaj you make faster single taps?

Not taps at same time, just faster single taps.

thanks for test this.

5. zirdaj

zirdaj Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, fast single taps, as if my fingers were jogging on my screen, just like how you did it on your vid. I ended up with lots of dots, each tap registered as a single touch in fast succession.

6. Groboto

Groboto Pen Pal - Newbie

Perfect, thanks for your help.
    This confirm this bg is a problem on wacom device !! on TM2 UNITS !!
    Thankyou!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.