Need help deciding on Tx1000

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Rudegar, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N3rd911

N3rd911 Pen Pal - Newbie

I thinking about buying the Tx100z, ill costomize it to 2GB ram and AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-62. I'm mainly buying this for mobility and price. All i need to be able to do is watch movies, word process, and an occasional BF2 and CS (games). I probably wont use the touch screen much so its ok if its not that good. My only concern is downgrading to XP, since HP doesnt support the drivers for XP, I dont know where to find them because apparently it runs alot slower on vista than xp. I have a spare XP professional install disk so if I could get help finding the drivers, that would be really cool.
    So, tell me if the TX100z will suite my needs and if you know where all the XP drivers for it are.

thanks

2. cpluse

cpluse Pen Pal - Newbie

If you read a little bit more on this site. You will find all the answer you need and driver. Just look down a little. People here have made all the down grading work easy.

3. enzoshadow

enzoshadow Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think the graphic card can handle BF2, but I am not sure.

4. Rudegar

Rudegar Scribbler - Standard Member

5. ChiChi

ChiChi Pen Pal - Newbie

I definitely don't think you can run BF2 and CS on this. You might be able to play the non-source games, though I've never tried on this laptop. Personally if you were not interested in the touch-screen I would suggest getting a different laptop? I'm no where near an expert with laptops or tablets, just two cents.

6. Rudegar

Rudegar Scribbler - Standard Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.