Need help choosing my first tablet

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by P8RSON, May 19, 2007.

1. shoejuice

shoejuice Pen Pal - Newbie

I am planning to buy a convertable tablet in June or September of this year. It is going to be my first tablet and I'm going to use it for school work such as note taking, doodling, and such. Basically my requirements are
    Santa Rosa
    At least 3 or 4 hours of battery life
    Good wireless connection
    At least 60 gb of hard drive space
    At least 1.5gb of memory
    and the price has to be under 1300

I have been thinking about the Hp tx1000 but i have heard that it is in accurate. I like the asus R1 but I don't know if it has Santa Rosa and I have heard that it has bad battery life. Also it's out of my price range right now. Any opinions?

2. BenI

BenI Pen Pal - Newbie

well right now there are no Santa Rosa Tablets on the market. Though, soon the Fijutsu T4220, Lenovo X61, and HP 2710p will be out. But I'm afraid they would all be out of your price range...

3. koss

koss Pen Pal - Newbie

You will be very limited in your selection with price limit of $1300. Your best bet would be Gateway or HP. Currently, there are NO tablet pc with Santa Rosa (Centrinos Pro) available. The earliest one is estimated to be released on June.

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

As Ben points out, with a price rang of $1300, you can forget Santa Rosa.

If price is paramount to you, my advice would be to skip the idea of Santa Rosa and concentrate on other tablets already out and proven.