Need Gamer Tablet

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Agent_eNVy, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thddragon85

thddragon85 Pen Pal - Newbie

no one has said anything so ill say it first, please use the edit feature when you are posting, posting twice is called double posting and is frowned upon in most forums due to most people mistaking the second post is posted by someone else and therefore a diffrent point of view, having more then one post together with the same point of view confers a kinda concensus, but if its by the same person it kinda defeats the purpose

2. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

I think it's ok if the posts are a couple days apart, since most people wont notice the edit unless it was relatively close to the original post time.

3. thddragon85

ehh.. i dont look at post date... but yea, its a pet peve of mine, but it not like a banable offence or anything

4. Agent_eNVy

Agent_eNVy Pen Pal - Newbie

ok back to topic (have edited the double posts)

The tecra m4-150 has a pci express x16 graphic card... does th tecra m7 have this? and does that mean that I later can buy a nvidia 7600 and replace the other graphic card???

5. kittycat

kittycat Pen Pal - Newbie

(everyone please dont pelt me)

tablet pcs are terrible for gaming, and anything super resource heavy. If you get one that is completely pumped up and blow all your cash on it youll end up with a machine that can run games about as well as a 1000 laptop.

which isnt saying much.

Get a highpower laptop and a wacom tablet, leave the wacom tablet at work when you lan and you will effectively do the following:
    save some cash

get a better computer

solve your lanparty woes

6. thddragon85

No one is going to pelt you, it is an established FACT that tablets are horible for gaming.

They just are not built for games, theyre really geared towards (please dont pelt ME for saying this) nerds who actually take notes in school, and game with their custom built rigs; business people who do alot of inking (writing with stylus) for memos ands stuff; and for real estate/land developers who use it as a portable sketch pad/memo device to map out stuff on.. well.. maps...

This isnt to say that everyone who uses them NOW fall into those catagories, but when they were developed, they had the last two catagories in mind. With the newer tablets, the devs are finally starting to notice that students = gaming. However, if your a hardcore gamer, wait till next year.

With the outcry of Artist/Gamers calling for ded GPUs, who ever comes out with that tablet PC is gonna make a killing. I just hope they keep Wacom as the pen interface...

7. Agent_eNVy

Agent_eNVy Pen Pal - Newbie

all right there, I finally decided, I went and bought a TOSHIBA TECRA M4-150 and I uppgradet the ram to 2048. =D weeee! and to all of you who say: "tablest are terrible for gaming" You guys don't know what your talking about! :p I run ALL the games on the market, with no problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.