Need CD drivers

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by ocdetails, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ocdetails

ocdetails Pen Pal - Newbie

For some reason my CD drive has corrupt drivers. I need to know how to repair that so I can use my disk drive again. I'm not sure how this happened. I just used the drive to pull some pictures off some CDs on Saturday and now it doesn't work. Grrrrr..... Any ideas on where I can just download them so I don't have to wait till I get home to find my discs?

2. ocdetails

It is the optiarc cd-rw crx99a ata device driver that I need. I'm looking through the restore options loaded on my machine and the CD-RW Drive isn't even listed. Sheesh.... And now that I think about it, I installed some software for a new video camera just yesterday, so this is something that either happend as a result of that install or something else entirely.

3. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

system restore to before the video drivers were directed

4. ocdetails

wha?? For some reason that didn't make sense to me. Can I system restore to yesterday morning? I installed something for a video camera and suddenly the driver is corrupted. I tell ya.... this thing is irritating me lately.

5. ocdetails

Problem solved. I did a system restore to the point prior to when I installed the video camera software. It was something that was incompatible with Vista anyway, so no loss. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.