Need advice on this Duo 13 screen protector issue:

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by neongolden, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

I made the mistake of removing the screen protector that was nicely applied to this refurb Duo 13 that I purchased. I don't think I'm ever going to be able to put it back on as nicely, even with the guides on minimizing dirt and air bubbles.

Would it be ok if I just put it away and continued drawing without it? I'm just paranoid because Sony nibs are not easy to come by, and the pens are horribly expensive atm because Vaio is in a state of flux outside Japan as we all know. I really liked the texture/friction the screen protector offered to the drawing experience, but on the other hand the image quality/viewing angles are a little better with it off, so there are at least some pros and cons to weigh.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

You could order a new one from Photodon. Screen protectors are not generally capable of multi-use.

Otherwise, you should know my wife has never used a screen protector on her Duo13 and she has no scratches or any issues with it..

3. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Couple months ago I removed the Photodon protector from my busted x230t and slap it on my new one. Not a single speck of dust, dirt or bubble on it. Way to safe 20 bucks plus shipping and import duties....

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

4. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks a lot for the responses, guys. After running it by people at DA as well, I decided to leave it off. They basically implied that putting a screen protector on Gorilla Glass is vaguely redundant. I've been drawing heavily on it the past few weeks and haven't seen any scratches, and can imagine the nib might last longer against the glass. I may use the photodon eventually, though - thanks for letting me know.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.