Need a Lenovo Miix 2 User to try Vener8

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Vener8, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vener8

Vener8 Vener8 Representative

TabletPCReview did a piece on our Vener8. You can read it here:

Vener8 Review

We believe it will also work with a Lenovo Miix 2 but we don't have one to test. Therefore we'll make the following offer. We'll send a free Vener8 to the first person that contacts us at info@vener8.net

There are a few conditions:
    You need to have a US shipping address. You need to have a working Miix 2 in your possession and you need to be over 18 years of age.

If we get contacted by more than one person, we'll send it to the first qualified.

Thanks,

The Vener8 Team

2. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

Email sent. I currently have a Miix 8 tablet.

3. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

Yay, looks like I am the tester!

4. Vener8

Vener8 Vener8 Representative

5. Mac jones

Mac jones Scribbler - Standard Member

Good job...however....

For anyone who may not know, this item ($36 US BTW), is really for the Dell, as the Mixx 2 doesn't need a special adapter. All you need for the Mixx is one of those y cables, then figure out how to juggle the male/female thing, which is easy. It works with hubs, and everything. Actually, in spite of the apparent complexity, it's actually LESS complex then a normal computer as your only using a single cable out, instead of a power + data cables.

Another thing. I haven't tried it yet (so don't blast me) (but am going to do it tonight), but i've got a feeling that those On-The-Go cables are unnecessary if you use any kind of gender changer on a regular micro cable. In other words, that's all those adapters are. The problem I have with the OTG adapters is that they are so short, and all pretty much identical (cheaply made also). Of course, like I said, I may be wrong and they may have another function, but they are such junk, i'm thinking the former :D

So, it's up to you if you want to spend big bucks or not.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  6. vst

vst Pen Pal - Newbie

If you send me one, I will test it out for you on a Thinkpad 8 and I will post a video of it working (if it works) on Youtube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.