Nebo, Myscript NoteTaking app is free for one more day

Discussion in 'Software' started by DRTigerlilly, Aug 30, 2016.

1. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Probably running a 32bit Windows, right? It's x64 only.

It's impressive for demos, and if I wanted more of my notes to be immediately converted to text, I'd probably use this instead (since you can correct words more easily than with OneNote), but OneNote still fits my use cases better.

2. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Exactly, Windows 10 32 bits

3. jnjroach

jnjroach Surface MVP Super Moderator

At least in the US Store it looks like the "Free Offer" has been extended till 9/29/2016.

App looks like a viable Journal Replacement (though it seems to be experiencing Authentication Issues right now)....

WillAdams and Mikerman like this.
  4. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

It keeps on telling me that I don't have enough screen size on my Envy Note 8. Maybe that's why the Vivotab can't download it?

WillAdams likes this.
  5. incentive

incentive Pen Pal - Newbie

I can download it on my T904, but it keeps telling me that I need a Surface Pen and a minimum screen size to fully experience it. I can then click on "understood" and watch some example pics of the app - that's pretty much everything I can do with it. That is kind of sad...since I have a 13,3 inch display and a Wacom digitizer.

Mikerman and WillAdams like this.
  6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

It said something similar about my wt310 but it still worked...

WillAdams likes this.
  7. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member

As a long time user of Myscript products I can attest to that it is indeed better. The handwriting recognition in Samsung Note series is by Myscript, specially for western European languages. For Indian languages (Hindi etc), Samsung uses Google' s handwriting recognition, which is actually more accurate than both Microsoft and My script.

Though after Google's lead in handwriting recognition keyboards in many regional Asian and European languages which are not based on the Roman script, Myscript came out with the most intuitive handwriting keyboards ever seen in those languages. When it comes to accessible innovative solutions, Android is an amazing platform.

AND IS IT JUST ME OR OTHERS TOO THINK THAT MICROSOFT HAS DOWNGRADED THEIR HANDWRITING KEYBOARDS AT LEAST WHEN IT COMES TO CORRECTING MISTAKES.:vbconfused:

But here's what Microsoft is good at, you can PERSONALIZE windows handwriting recognition and then Windows can recognise whatever chicken scratch you through at windows and onenote.

It's more than just a handwriting recognition pad. It's a text editor for stylus users. You can write full articles on it an then export it to MSWord, blogging websites with full preservation of formatting. :thumbsup:

It reflows your handwriting like text. Infact I believe Myscript technologies have the power to host fully handwriting based solutions for forums and blogging websites. Where instead of jumping to keyboards for replying to comments all you have to do is hand write directly in the comment box. It's an amazing idea I had :) when I came across NEBO. I must communicate it to guys at My script.:cool:In case those wonderful people are not considering it already. IMAGINE RIGHTING IN TABLET PC FORUMS WITH YOUR OWN HANDWRITING VISBLE TO ALL MEMBERS, YOUR HANDWRITING WILL ITSELF BE A REVIEW OF YOUR DEVICE.

Though I have to say Nebo is not a good enough note taking app. It's the best most intuitive handwriting based test editor and that's what it should remain. ONENOTE remains the best overall notetaking software available to consumers. And Samsung's NOW ABANDONED:vbmad: SNote remains the second best note taking software with the BEST handwriting recognition as it employed both MyScript and Google's superior technology and seamless integration with Evernote the third best note taking software.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  8. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, the new HWR interface in Windows 8/8.1/10 makes me angry a lot of the time.

Almost tempted to dig out my license for PenOffice and see if it still works.

siddhartth likes this.
  9. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member

they have made it real time typing. One does not have to hit enter every time. It's a good thing but if I type some thing wrong then I can not bring the word i wrote, back into the handwriting panel. MyScript has some intutive keyboards for android platform. Did you check them out? But i am a bit frustrated because it never got a chance to use the Microsoft's old Keyboard. Which I believed I will get to use once i can afford a windows Iablet. But I am five years too late. There must be a way to get port that keyboard in current windows. In Android One can easily change default keyboard.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  10. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member