N Router suggestions that work flawlessly with the TM2?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Synergi, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synergi

Synergi Scribbler - Standard Member

I've yet to see a perfect router review. So for those with a TM2 who have a wireless N Router, the Wireless N With Bluetooth card, and a flawless wireless connection, what router do you have?

My D-Link is flaky. I can be speeding along and suddenly stop pulling. And it does it to often for me to ignore it. I hear if I drop down to G and take off security it will work right. Well that's fine but I don't want too. So if anyone has a router where your wireless is pulling N speeds and not dropping, hanging, slowing down 20 times a day, post your router here please. :D

2. fry_guy

fry_guy Pen Pal - Newbie

i've only had my tm2 for 2 days now, but I haven't had any problems with my D-Link N - I have the DIR-655.

3. Meatlocker

Meatlocker Software Development Pro

Works fantastically with both an Apple Airport Extreme and Netgear WNR-2000.

4. Synergi

Thanks, I'll look those models up. :)

Anyone else... need lots of recommendations :D

For me its the D-Link DIR-625 that's giving me lots of trouble.

5. corecomps

corecomps OSX86 User

Synergi, I'd be careful to blame the router and might want to look at your TM2's wireless card. Have you tried the latest drivers? Currently HP includes an Intel 1000 WiFi Link BGN or Broadcom card depending on when and where you purchased.

BTW< I also have the DIR-655, a Netgear WNDR3300-100NA, and Airport extreme, all three are fine.

6. tabuser4life

tabuser4life Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a tm2 and dlink dir-625 and had significant problems with N. I switched the router to G only and have not had any problems since. G speeds are fine for me... for now.

7. cgblues

cgblues Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm using the D-Link Dir-655. I bought it specifically for the TM2 as my Cisco was dropping connections all the time. It works everywhere in my house, upstairs and downstairs.
    I screwed up the installation and had to phone support to help me out (It was my fault I used the same network name as my old router, that's a no-no.). Great service.

Daryl

8. jasrulz63

jasrulz63 Pen Pal - Newbie

Mines working fine with the Asus RT-N13U

9. Synergi

Thanks for all the great replies guys. It's my router Corecomps. It drops on my Asus laptop, my desktop, my Roku and my TM2 at the same time. The tip to switch the router to G (Thanks!) worked. I've not noticed any drops or slows downs since doing that. I'm not really noticing much difference on speeds so I'll stick with it as is for now.

Saved me, I was about to go buy an Airport Extreme base station lol.