My X41T

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Andrew, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citygal06

citygal06 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone,

First off, great site guys! I've browsed through the NBR forums mostly, but after owning a tablet (ThinkPad X41T) for a couple months now I thought I'd finally ante up over on the tablet forums. It just doesn't seem fair that there's not nearly as many members over here as on NBR. Maybe we could get some of those NBR people to share the love over here as well. That SouthernGirl seems pretty popular (heck, she even inspired me with my screen name) Maybe we can coax her over and the rest will follow ;)

I'm really not a very techy person so I just use my tablet to browse the web and take notes in class but if anyone's interested in how it's gone so far with my tablet, I'd be more than happy to share my experiences or answer any questions.

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hah, thanks for coming over. Well, this site is much younger, but it's growing very quickly. SG doesn't use a tablet, but I'll see if she'll come over to say hi anyway ;)

As to the X41t, I think it would be great to hear about how you use it. Especially from a woman's perspective, since we mostly get men in here.

3. Andrew

Andrew Just a Guy Staff Member

what kind of stuff do you use the tablet for in class? you find it easier than a regular notebook?

4. citygal06

citygal06 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm taking a couple of science courses which is why I got the tablet in the first place. Thought it'd be useful when taking down chemical structures and formulas and such.

So far, I've been using OneNote and Word or a combination of both to take notes. OneNote's okay, I guess, but lacks some of the Office features such as page breaks as in Word. Or maybe I just haven't figured it out yet.

There's also an add-in for Office so that you can mark up Office docs such as Powerpoint slides and Word docs which is pretty cool.

It's just as easy to use as a regular notebook but it does take some getting use to the digital ink. One major perk is browsing the web or reading docs in the tablet view. So much more comfortable when sitting on the couch or in cramped quarters than a regular laptop.

My main issue is that my tablet seems to run slow, especially when using OneNote so I probably need to load up on the RAM. I have 512MB now.

5. Andrew

Andrew Just a Guy Staff Member

That makes sense, it's pretty tough to draw chemical structures and take notes freehand with a keyboard -- okay impossible rather. I'd think that taking notes in this fashion and having the flexibility to print them out, email them to yourself or what have you would be nice. I always hated it when I was in school and took notes and inevitably the papers got folded, dog earred, disorganized and so on. Would've been nice to reprint them again and have a fresh "original".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.