My Workspace T902/Cintiq Animation station

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by stoneseeker, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiralMagus

SpiralMagus Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah I've been heavily considering getting some kind of easel setup for when I'm in the living room - that is a great idea.

2. T-ravisty

T-ravisty Scribbler - Standard Member

Ah nice, I'll look into those Cintiqs.
    I currently have the x230t pen and the Fujitsu pen and have been alternating between those two.
    At first I didn't like how rigid the Fujitsu one was but it's growing on me... So having to swap pens all the time doesn't bother me too much.
    Makes it feel like traditional mediums more, having to constantly change your tools.

Yeah, the G13 or Nostromo would be used primarily fr Photoshop, but also Flash, Illustrator and maybe some video editing programs.
    I'm thinking the Nostromo mainly because of size. My workspace is tiny and the G13 looks quite large.
    I'll keep looking around. See if I can get any cheap used ones locally on Gumtree or eBay.

3. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

21UX = Intuos 3 or Intuos 4/5 depending on the model.

Intuos pens are not compatible with Penabled/Feel/UD digitizers.

Also 15X is 512 levels pressure.

4. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

Very cool, thanks for sharing! Which Fellowes riser do you use, and how did you modify it?

Also, I'm wondering if you've though about using StrokeIt or similar for shortcuts rather than (or at least to not always require) using the gaming keyboard. I find it very handy, at least with a Fujitsu pen, which has two buttons on the side.

5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I'm unaware of Stroke it, but use the side buttons for Shift and right click... I bought a generic cheapo laptop riser that could tilt to an exceptable angle for me, and then I modified the tiny lip (too small to hold the T902 in place) with a piece of dark hardwood screwed in to extend the lip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.