My Website is finally up... Starring the T902!

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by stoneseeker, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Hey all, if any here are interested to see what I do for a living -- mainly what I have managed to do entirely on a T902 for the last 3+ years -- you can now see a sampling of my work and projects I've been involved in at my new website: http://lukeandrewbuxton.com/

I feel as if no one will appreciate the design and logo modification more than this community! I decided to design the T902 on the desk to give it a unique way of viewing my portfolio that felt like it identified me. It features a lit of things I love... animation pencils and pen, hand drawings, rich wood (the desk), coffee and of course the King of tablet PC's and a passion for digital art.

Let me know what you think! Feedback is appreciated. I am moving across the country soon, so I will be applying to new studios soon, thus why I have decided to finally get the site up and running.

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

In a dimension of reality slightly removed from this one and two nanoseconds sideways, I'd be working in the cubicle across from you on some seriously cool stuff. -Like that Ice Dragon project. But when I hit that cross roads where it said, "Animation, this way!" I followed a different road. Luckily, I get to see your demo reel and design portfolio and sigh with happiness. I love the hanging woodstove!

Also... That 10 degree angle on the scroll screen is both playful and awesome!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    stoneseeker likes this.
  3. stoneseeker

Thanks man, that means a lot. Would have been rad to work in the same studio as you!
    Likewise, (and vice versa) I highly considered graphic novels myself. I have an epic I wrote the skeleton of a long time ago and designed some of it. When I was younger all I did was create comic after comic, usually abandoning one as soon as I thought of a new story. Endless unfinished stories with awkward art in boxes at my parents house. haha

Maybe one day I'll manage to procure a bunch of funding to animate my dream project, "Thieves and Kings" the series. :D
    Then we could work side by side in a collision of both dimensions!

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  4. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Ha ha. That would be perfectly awesome.

I could dust off and juice up the pitch package me and Mike White hammered out together back when we were both too burned out to really put any force behind it. (2007/8 was an amazingly bleak year for a variety of reasons).

T&K is actually about to see new life through a very cool new Japanese publisher willing to put everything back into print and give me the whip necessary to finish the series. The first 350 page double-sized volume is going to press in a couple of weeks, actually.

So you never know... :)

balistic and stoneseeker like this.
  5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I know I've seen that dude at the end before...

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

6. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Just FYI - Using Edge on Windows 10 your site renders flipped at 90 degrees (rendering vertical rather than horizontal). Works as expected on IE 11....

Site is very cool....good job :)

7. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Very nice!

8. stoneseeker

thanks for the feedback! We are trying out forced landscape for portrait phones and small tablets forcing people to turn their phones to landscape to view the site, as it looks too tiny and strange in portrait. Were you viewing on a windows phone or some sort of portrait device?

9. stoneseeker

haha yeah I posted him years ago in the tabletPC art section!

10. stoneseeker

WHAT?!? Your finishing T&K??? This is HUGE news!
    I remember discussing it with Mike at the studio and telling him I would love to be involved. That was sometime ago!

I am dead serious when I say I will do everything in my power to get that to happen. Let's see what kind of contacts I make out West... :)

thatcomicsguy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.