My wacom bamboo pen tip does not work

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by MazkenPorter, Jan 17, 2012.

1. angie

angie Pen Pal - Newbie

My pen tip does not work.
    The eraser part works but the tip does not work. I have changed the tip but no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it could possibly be?

I have noticed that the scroll wheel light fades in and out. Is this normal?
    When I use the eraser part of the pen the colour stays solid, but when I put the tip down, it fades in and out of colour. Also when there is nothing on it, it seems to be fading in and out. Could this be the problem that I am having with my pen tip?

Thanks for any help.

2. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

What are you talking about??? It'd help if you shared some information about the "thing" you're using your pen on.....unless the bamboo pen comes with a scroll wheel and eraser that changes color and fades...

3. tablet newbie

tablet newbie Pen Pal - Newbie

HI Angie. I just got my wacom bamboo tablet today and I have the SAME PROBLEM that you do - namely, that the pen tip does not work but the eraser side does. As a matter of fact, EVERYTHING else works except the pen tip. (Angie, the scroll wheel fading in and out and then shining solidly is perfectly normal. If you check the manual you would see that this is a feature and it also indicates whether the pen tip/eraser is working or not)

I've been searching and searching and fiddling with it to see if I may have overlooked something but I haven't been able to get it to work.

I need urgent help with this because I need to know if the problem is the pen itself and if it is the pen, then I need to promptly tell the ebay seller that I bought it from that I need to get a replacement pen.

Somebody....please help!

Stacey

4. chocoboluver

chocoboluver Pen Pal - Newbie

i'm guessing you have the wacom bamboo tablet. i have one too, but when i got mine the tip and eraser worked. when you use the pen or mouse on the tablet, it lights up fully, and fades in and out again when it's inactive, so it's not dying or broken. your pen might be broken i guess... but i don't know what to tell you about that.

mine works, but my tip is messed up and keeps putting scratches on my tablet :( i'm actually wondering if you can please tell me how to change my pen tip. it didn't come with any instructions, and i'm having a time looking for them on google.

hope i helped, hope you can help me :D

5. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Simple and quick way is to bite it with your teeth and pull it out. You just push the new tip in. Super easy.

6. kirsty

kirsty Pen Pal - Newbie

yes i have the same problem with my pen nib, the pen nib does not work but my earaser part does. i wouldnt have a clue what to do, after changing nibs and even resetting the program for the tablet. Its annouying and ridiculous, but i havent found any information on this except for this website, being it must be a common problem

7. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Open up Control Panel, then go to Hardware and Sound. choose the option "Pen and Touch" (it'll have a little pen icon next to it [for windows 7]) and check what it says it does for "single tap"; it should be something like "single-click"

Are you guys running Windows7? Are you using the provided pen tablet drivers (that came on the cd), or are you using the "up to date" drivers from Wacom's site (sometimes the newer ones screw things up, maybe try a older driver) be sure to un-install the current driver before installing a different one/ re-installing it.

Good Luck!!!

8. rjwatsoniii

rjwatsoniii Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got the Bamboo Fun and Touch tablet. I use Windows XP. I have the same problem. The pen works a little then stops in the Doodle program. They recommend taking out the tip (with your teeth) and setting the pen on its side overnight, then trying again. I really don't want a table that is that fragile. I am sending it back to Amazon, they give a 60 day return policy. I thought Wacom was a good company, this is the second tablet I have purchased from them that is bad. My first one never held a charge.

Rich

9. Sarah

Sarah Pen Pal - Newbie

I have Windows 7. Today the tip of my pen quit working! I removed and replaced the tip - didn't fix the problem. I tried a few things all at once, so I am not sure exactly which fixed the problem, but my pen works just fine now:)
    1. changed USB port
    2. removed the tip, placed the pen on its side about 2 feet from the touch pad
    3. restarted my computer
    4. replaced the tip

My pen works now - I really love it!

Sarah

10. KibblesSezHi

KibblesSezHi Pen Pal - Newbie

i have the same problem....but its with the eraser. everything but works. i tried going onto the settings and change the eraser feel, didnt work. its not broken, i checked. i draw something, try to erase, and the 'eraser' on the back of the pen draws. its a pain to have to switch back and forth from the pen selection to the eraser only selection... PLEASE HELP D:"

11. danidani

danidani Pen Pal - Newbie

I think it's the company, since I had a pen that did the same thing. After that pen did that, I couldn't fix it, so I got a new one, and this morning it did the same thing, and it is brand new.

12. MazkenPorter

MazkenPorter Pen Pal - Newbie

the most likely reason your pens are not working is because there is a ceramic ring inside the tip of the pen that the nib is inserted into, if this ring is damaged even the slightest bit, your pen is broken. (i took my pen apart after waiting for three years for a response from wacom)

13. MazkenPorter

MazkenPorter Pen Pal - Newbie

most likely a circuit malfunction within the pen, i.e. the main chip in the pen is damaged and is sending the wrong information to the computer.