My Vivotab Note 8 didn't get wiped at the factory.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Spiff, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiff

Spiff Pen Pal - Newbie

Check it out: http://imgur.com/OzGqHAj

[​IMG]

I'm wondering if a system reset will install an activated copy of windows. I'll be messing around with it more soon.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    Mesosphere likes this.
  2. replax

replax Pen Pal - Newbie

that looks very interesting actually! mind posting some of those testing or whatever *.bat files? Would really love to have a look at them, esp. at how to access the GPS from outside the metro (or modern ui...) environment!

are there any more goodies on that? Also, looks like you got a copy of Win 8 Pro, whereas we only got the regular win8 shipped!

3. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

interesting. probably got some engineers unit. Any secret design plans or specs on it? :)

4. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Ha funny. replax is drooling over your half baked tab...

But I've seen this before with iPads, not Sent to me but to other people where only the basic firmware is loaded and not the final ipsw iOS operating system (just black screens with line commands)... At least yours looks usable

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

5. Spiff

Spiff Pen Pal - Newbie

So, a lot of stuff on the tablet doesn't work right. I can't get recovery or refresh to work either. Looks like I have to return the tablet.

There are some interesting hardware testing programs and a GPS test but that's about all I can find. Some of the stuff seems like it needs to be connected to a specific network in order to upload test results probably. Also it looks like they use an OTG cable to hook up a USB flash drive at the factory as I found evidence of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.