My tx2500 didn't come with a Vista disk

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by A30N, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Se7enLawliet

Se7enLawliet Pen Pal - Newbie

....And I'm guessing they don't normally?

Is there a way for me to make a Vista disk? Like a fresh Vista disk without all that crapware that's been like embedded into the unit?

I know you could get one shipped but they want to charge 15 dollars for something that should have come with the computer and that seems rather.... unfair.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. cloudnine

cloudnine Scribbler - Standard Member

Recovery discs do not come with the tx2500z. You can burn 1 set using the HP recovery manager.

These discs (more accurately the second disc) contains the bloatware. There is no way to opt out of installing them. However, I did read that it was possible to bypass using the second disc by booting in safe mode and disabling the service related to the recovery setup. Hopefully someone can chime in with a link.

Another method to for a clean installation (I choose this) is using vlite to create a Vista installation disc out of retail discs and certain manufacturer recovery discs. HP's recovery discs however, won't work.

3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

You can't use vlite w/ recovery disks, you can only use them w/ Vista Installation disks.

4. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

If you can set hold of a vanilla Vista disc you can use the key on the bottom of your tablet to activate.

Gordon

5. Se7enLawliet

Se7enLawliet Pen Pal - Newbie

So it's either spend 15 dollars or go pirate the disk?

....awesome.

Thanks for the helpful replies though, I appreciate it.

6. webdave

webdave Pen Pal - Newbie

It is not really pirating. You own the license to run whatever version of Vista you have. Just download the same version and install using your key on the bottom of the computer.

7. Coolpix

Coolpix Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes. What we need is just a media. We've paid for the license.

8. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

It's definately not pirating. I've done it and I rang MS and explained. They activated no problems just streesing that each machine needs its own licence key.

Gordon

9. Archangel

Archangel Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I have a Vista Business Upgrade DVD that actually contains all the Vista versions on it (supposedly what all Vista DVDs are meant to be like).
    I was able to choose to install Home Premium and use the key on the bottom of my tx2011au and it worked fine (I just had to do something a little different for Vista to install without a previous OS installed since it's an upgrade DVD).

10. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You can install Vista from any copy of the installation media, as long as you have a personal user license for it (there should be one bundled with your tx).

However, I do believe it is a violation of software license terms to distribute disc images, physically, electronically or otherwise, as quoted below:

We therefore seek your cooperation to not openly arrange for, or engage in exchange of said media on the forums, to keep this place free from potential legal trouble.

Please feel free to clarify any doubts here or via PM, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.