my Tx2000!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Iron-Hide, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randommcbets

randommcbets Pen Pal - Newbie

This is actually my first post on this forum, since I signed less than 2 weeks ago. I turned to this forum to find out as much information about the tx2000 series before I investing in another computer. Something I didn't do before buying my previous 17" dell laptop,which I felt I was missing during the purchase of that computer.

I would like to note that I was a previous owner of a wacom cintiq 21ux, which I owned a little over a year. As a graphic designer,I thought the investment of the cintiq was going to change my life as a designer, but it didn't. I found it more of a cool novelty than a useful tool in my work flow. Th e main problem was that I had to change my work flow to use the cintiq (switch over from laptop, turn on cintiq, pull from stand and place on my lap) it was just a process. I found I had to force myself to use it on most occasions because it was such a process.

After purchasing the tx2120 (bought from circuit city) and loading up my cs3 programs I went right back into my standard work flow. Some benefits from the tablet is I can quickly swap over to tablet mode, pop out the pen (love the spring coil action) and start editing. I think the best experience I have had so far is when I switched back to laptop mode, realized I needed to delete some more stuff on an image and just lifted my fingers from the keypad and touch the screen with my finger (wow!)

All in all, with the power of wacom technology, the only thing I wish the tablet had is the intuos3 buttons on the left and right, but not sure if its worth it for the additional width, the workaround is keep the virtual keyboard around.

I am so happy with my purchase that even though I bought this system last friday and found out there was a better deal 1 week later, just having the tx2000 tablet for that one week changed my work flow drastically, nuf said!

For all intensive purposes, I am a graphic designer, using photoshop and dreamweaver.

2. tan880121

tan880121 Pen Pal - Newbie

3. KhaOZ

KhaOZ Scribbler - Standard Member

tan880121, that's a pretty wicked wallpaper. where'd you get it?

4. tan880121

tan880121 Pen Pal - Newbie

5. s0ldier93

s0ldier93 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm trying not to be completely overjoyed with mine, as it will soon see very rough conditions in field use. So rough that I will likely ship it home for safe keeping as soon as I get enough money to replace it with the C-12 Armor.

But really,I have had a great time with it this past two week I've had it.

6. Iron-Hide

Iron-Hide Pen Pal - Newbie

Hope you guys don't mind me butting in here...I am impatiently awaiting the arrival of my tx2000z which I ordered during that sweet 30% off deal last week!
    That deal saved me close to $450...Thank You HP!
    Can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it as this will be my first tablet. My main machine is a Dell e1705, which I love, but is a MAJOR pain to take anywhere. I also am now running my own business & needed something nice & light that I could use to show Clients video clips on & take notes while doing site assessments (I am a Technology Integrator/Custom Installer).

The decision to go with the HP was made after about 6 months of intensive research & very nearly going with a UMPC. I just could not justify spending MORE money on a device that would be able to do LESS than the HP!

Anyways....what I really wanted to find out from you good folk is if anyone can recommend any good tx2000z-dedicated sites. Seeing as the tx1000z was so popular, I figure there must be a few dedicated fan sites where tx1000/2000 owners can go & swap stories & help each other out. Apart from this great site, of course!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.