My take on the new Gateway tablet

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by tomtheweirdguy, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRR

DRR Pen Pal - Newbie

I think it was apinkpony that said that the screen is 7.5" wide in portrait. So it would be physically like a college ruled page without the margin.

2. Nominal

Nominal Engineering Student

Yes, naturally.;) But will I be able to write small enough to fit all that text and still have it OCR readable? That’s the question.

But I wonder: is the resolution fine enough for small writing?

3. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

hahaha even before I saw this note, I did what you asked. I typed with whole page view, then zoomed in so you can see. I did a few sizes (the face in the picture is the strongest size pen), some colors.

I added a RE page and wrote in it with page width setting. So you can see and print it out. i think that's pretty good. I did it in PDF Annontator so you can see, but OneNote is pretty much the same. I'll post it up tonight as a pdf.

I just measured it. The screen is acrtually 7.75" BUT there is a small border so really its about 7.25" in portrait. 12" in landscaped.

1) smaller you get the harder it is. You can see the size. i added a line -------- and <---- This is line thickness message in it. gets harder the smaller you type.

2) as long as you zoom in, its ok. just don't try to do itsy bitsy.

4. waplespunk

waplespunk Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks Nikecar.

Other than taking notes in a small area, I'd like to see you write a paragraph in Word (or something similar). I've seen that TIP (or whatever it's called) where you write a sentence then insert it, but I'd like to see how you would write a longer paragraph, without having to hit insert after every 15 words.

If you have Photoshop or something else that can show samples of drawing, how smooth it is, pressure changes, etc.

5. tabletonthevista

tabletonthevista Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey nikecar, I wasn't trying to be critical or anything. And yes, you do answer most of them. But just for example, the last one that you responded to, you answered only 1 of the 4 I asked. :) I suppose some of it is a bit trivial or answered by others, but I value your opinion enough to ask for it.

But thanks for the pdf files you're going to make.

6. djb

djb Pen Pal - Newbie

what do you guys plan to do without a tablet in school, i ordered on 7/5 and still dont have a tablet (they sent me one on 7/31 but it was defective).
    my ead is 8/28 and my sales rep told me that she had me on "priority" which basically means same time as the other 1000 people that are currently getting screwed.

7. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

I think priority means they wont bump you back for whatever reason. Basically anyone who ordered after us is going to get it after us... which should go without saying, but they want to make it seem like they consider you special. and guess what... it seems like they dont care about anyone. they basically tell you they dont care if you cancel in every email to customer support.

I think it is bogus cause my mommy calls me special... :D

8. Nominal

Nominal Engineering Student

I plan on taking notes as usual until my tablet arrives, and then maybe digitizing my paper notes and putting them into OneNote.

I ordered yesterday and the date they gave me over the phone was September 3rd. :cool:
    Take deep breathes, chriscannon, deep breathes.:D

Interestingly enough... my sales rep also told me--in answer to my question--that there were no delays in production.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

Im actually not angry, Im happy yours wont be delayed (hopefully). If anything, it means that my sept. 4th date could be off by a few days or more, and i could get it sooner.

I really hope the sept 3rd date is correct, but its like 2 weeks away. And usually everyones first is. If anything it might get delayed for a week.

And i really hope that i am completely wrong and they all come early...

:D

10. Fly High

Fly High Time to name this baby

They pushed mine back to 9/11 because I modified my memory configuration. Dag nabbit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.