my sc3100 purchase

Discussion in 'Electrovaya' started by Barry J. Doyle, Mar 17, 2006.

1. wexlan

wexlan Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all. I've been lurking a bit doing research on which tablet to buy. Well, I made my decision and, unfortunately, am experiencing regret. I emailed Electrovaya support a long letter this morning asking again for an RMA to be sent and detailing my specific problems--namely the digitizer and "outdoor" screen quality are absolutely unacceptable (and on a minor note, the wireless indicator light is loose)--then I went googling and low and behold, I see Renehasp is experiencing almost identical problems! It was a bit of a relief, actually, though it's too bad anyone is having problems in the first place. It's also encouraging that someone else thinks the idea of not being able to get a full refund on a defective product is crap.

At this point, however, I'm giving EV the benefit of the doubt and hoping they come through. I'll update my story as it happens. My letter to tech support is here: http://whatever.scrame.com/ev/sc3100lemon01.txt any comments and/or questions are most welcome.

...Well the RMA just arrived, so that's good.
    ...aaaand a personal response to some of my questions just arrived. So that's good too.

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wexlan,

Pleae keep us posted on how this turns out. We have spoken with EV and they have assured us that they are investigating the recent SC3100 issues.