My pen stopped working now...

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by jk2jt, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jk2jt

jk2jt Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all,

Last time it was my lcd bezel, now its my pen.

Yesterday the first day of my classes the pen worked great. Today when I woke my computer up from sleep and tried to use my pen but it wasn't working!! I had the pen in the slot all day since my last class yesterday. The only thing that the laptop did after I used it was sleep all night til this morning when I tried to use it again. I have no idea why it suddenly stopped working. I called lenovo and they made my restore my BIOS to its default settings, which I haven't touched ever, restore my system through windows which failed, and finally they're sending me a pen that is back ordered. So I'm guessing I'll have to wait another freaking month before I actually use my tablet AGAIN. This is very frustrating.

Is there anyone whos pen failed randomly before? and got it fixed? I've been using the Enhanced Wacom Driver. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling and it still has not worked. I even rolled back the driver and it still does not work. I really really hope its not the pens problem because I would have to wait a week and it might be another bad quality pen like my new LCD panel...

COME ON LENOVO!!

2. ygthb

ygthb SQA Start-Up Guy

I was having similar issues, where the Wacom driver would crash, leaving me penless. I ended up uninstalling the wacom driver, and the lenovo driver took over, no problem with this since. Also not as many levels of pressure, but that doesnt bother me as I am not an artist, as anyone who has seen my drawings will attest.

3. jk2jt

jk2jt Pen Pal - Newbie

Theres an uninstaller for the driver right?

Also, with ur wacom it's worked for a while before crashing?

Haha.. I guess i'm getting a free pen

4. ygthb

ygthb SQA Start-Up Guy

it worked fine for a while, not sure what caused the issue, but I started getting wacom driver crash, or could not load, messages. So I just went into the TabletPC folder (holds wacom stuff) on the start menu and used the uninstall link.

5. jk2jt

jk2jt Pen Pal - Newbie

yea unfortunately that did not work. I hope its just the pen... if not I'll probably return the laptop or get a replacement.

6. Anonymouse

Anonymouse A nondescript mouse

Just so you know, other WACOM pens will work on the x61t, so you don't necessarily have to wait a month if you get one of them (unless you specifically want the x61t pen for reasons like it fitting in the pen slot on the tablet)