My New Portable Art Studio (Modbook Pro!)

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Yuureikun, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

I just found where I am able to change the resolution for TwoMon for OSX. I am able to just drop the resolution way low, and thus increase the size of all my icons and what not so they are easier to touch on the screen. It works very well.

stoneseeker likes this.
  2. harrodeleted

harrodeleted Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey! Congrats on getting the modbook!

Something I struggled with for a long time was finding a good screen protector, because getting a scratch on the screen would be terrible (of course). These forums were helpful, but in the end everything would get scratched.

However, there is a solution that applies (possibly only) to modbook owners.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055U90EW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Buying a macbook pro glass screen. It already has adhesive, and it doesn't interfere with drawing t all. I've had one on my modbook for a year now, with no scratches yet.

(it's also super easy to put on, and can come off with zero damage to the screen)

3. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

That's pretty awesome! The other option would be Photodon, they will make custom screen protectors based on whatever specs you give them. So far, the force flex glass screen is perfect and hasn't gotten a scratch on it. It seems very durable. I also love how it prevents "pooling" when you press harder on the screen with the stylus.

4. argonna

argonna Pen Pal - Newbie

very pretty tablet! It looks like a really nice build. Powerful, too!

5. dri

dri Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Yuureikun. I'll call you 'Y' instead. I just bought myself a modbook pro on Ebay and I was hoping to download the software installer for the modbook pro for both mac. Unfortunately they removed it and their site is no longer available. Can you help with the Windows portion of it? I can't find the right Wacom tablet driver for it.

Also does the modbook pro have only one usb available? I had the previous original modbook and thought at least the Pro would have support and more features. I will do without Windows it seems because the tablet drivers were flakey in Photoshop.

I like drawing on it but it's even heavier than the original modbook. The previous modbook also gave access to 2 usb ports. They could of kept it lighter with different material imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.