My new M400 expierience

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Dark_Wolf, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wb5apd

wb5apd Pen Pal - Newbie

Had it for about 2 weeks now. Here is what I found.

1. Fan is quiet as a mouse and cycles like it should. No high fan noise at all.
    I can't even hear it run but air flow changes at times so i know it is working.

2. Wake up screen display after standby works as it should. Looks like new M400's have the motherboard fix already done.

3. Zero hot or stuck pixels.

4. Latch works like it should no problem like some reported.

5. Added 2nd HD and run mirror software on it. M400 is just as fast as before when using 2nd HD in multi-bay. Man I love this no more backups needed.
    Not any slower as with just one HD as far as I can tell.

6. Love the docking station I also got. Also got a couple of extra batteries + duel battery charger.

BTW the Kensington 120 watt ac/dc/air charger is fantastic. I got it to use in my airplane. The N1 adapter is the one you need with M400.

Bottom line:eek:f all the reported problems on M400 reported here I have none of them on this one.

2. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

You will get problems later on with your M400. This is because Toshiba build sh*t hardware.

3. makito

makito Since 2006? wow...

Oh Toshiba isn't that bad - really in my experience they're about par or above par depending on how much you pay. I mean in the 5 years of laptop repairs, HP&Compaq dominate my repair queue. But they do sell on the average of 2:1 at least against Toshiba so...*shrugs*

I have a 3500, M200 and M400. all have been very good to me - apart from me having dropped the M400; but that's a different story all together.

4. wb5apd

wb5apd Pen Pal - Newbie

Dude you have no clue about what is really going on in these tablet PCS's.
    First off most of the components in them is out-souurced for many venders.
    Do you really think Toshiba make them NOT. Most of the same componets used are the same componets used in all other tablet PC's componets

The main diff is which componentes are used and what is the case design.
    You obvious know little about how PC are really made. I have over 30 years expierience with everything from main frames to NT lans to PC support and if you knew the truth you would know that the hardware used is common to almost all tablet and notebook PC's. There is more diff in the box they are put in than the componets that are used to make them.....
    If a system is within the 30 day burn in period and if a component will fail it will normally fail within the 1st 30 days of usage.

Your opinion is worthless to me based on your lack of expierience and knowledge of all this.

I bet you think Toshiba makes most of the parts in them. Sorry but you are wrong.

Your opinion is total nonsense unless you can tell us just exactly which part or desisn error makes Toshiba less reliable than any other brand.

Until then you dont want to know what I think about your bogus post.

5. everythingblogcast

How dare you, you dont know what my expierience or knowledge is. I know that Toshiba buys the components in. My posts are usefull to other members of this forum. Dont forget you are just here for a month, I have been a member for nearly a year.

Plus Toshiba is more then liable because here in the UK we have protection for companies. It is Toshiba's reponseable to test and test components so that it does not fail.

If you send your Toshiba system into Toshiba workshop (so toshibas own personal is working on your system) not a repair centre it comes back damaged so it is Toshiba's fault.

Toshiba Problems

1. Screen (This happens on all systems including PDAs)
    • Dust
    • Damage

Motherboards
    Fans
    Hard Drives
    DVD Drives
    USB ports
    Memory Card readers

etc

Even tho Toshiba does not make these componets they have to test them.

Again Dude do not try to be smart or try to belittle members of this forum because you think they do not know that they know information that you do.

Hardware can mean so many things next time ask what the poster means in his or her post.

6. wb5apd

wb5apd Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey kid

I have more practical experience with hardware and software than you have years on this earth. You in my opinion are a 1 year on the forum idiot with
    just a very biased and misguided personal opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion but my opinion is you know little of what you are talking about. Yes you can find problems in a system, but the truth is you can can problems in ANY system no matter who makes it (based on a limited sample rate).

I think you should go back to playing with your play station 3, and stop spreading nonsense.

id·i·ot /ˈɪdiət/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[id-ee-uht] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun 1. an utterly foolish or senseless person.

7. HipboyScott

HipboyScott Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think it's the hardware's fault...it's the engineers. They are the ones to determine if the hardware that goes into the system is equal to or greater than the sum of the parts...and in some cases engineers and designers fail hard.

I know that Toshiba screens are more infamous for dust than other brands and that might be part of the Toshiba Motif that their ID team uses...and some blowhard up the chain is content to let a few dust bits get in the system in exchange for some cool look, or some easier made part. Maybe they don't know too much, but the engineer designing the monitor had to make some stupid button on the side fit and the seal for the screen is inferior...I dunno.

I understand that blogcast is having a PITA time with Toshiba...and I know that when a company screws up your time it is easy to get pissed about it. So I don't have much issue with that I guess. At the same time dude...we get it...Toshiba screwed you big...I hope you can accept that your case is still a single case in a sea of cases and perhaps fortunately, but to no benefit of you, it's rather isolated compared to what I've experienced with other people.

Anyway, I have a question for wb5apd...what system specs are you running, and are there any applications giving you a hard time with the graphics? I want to run some 3D CAD on my hopefully soon to be delivered R20 (Stuff like Inventor, Solid Edge, I might buy StudioTools...) And I'm hoping that the 950 graphics on these tablets will stomach it...so if you have any experience with similar apps, I'd love to hear.

8. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Regardless as to whom is right or wrong here; DO NOT belittle or insult another member.
    It simply will not be tolerated.

everythingblogcast may have problems casting his syntax but this is down to his personal problem of dyslexia, of which he clearly informs all members.

Further, if you read the forum you will also note everythingblogcast is in fact already an M400 owner of two machines.
    Both have been extremely problematic and both have been in the hands of Toshiba for that long Toshiba have ended up losing both tablets.

For a considerable time he has tried to communicate with Toshiba Customer Services & Tech Support and still continues to hold problems.

As such he deserves a little more understanding than what you are showing.

9. everythingblogcast

Thanks Mike,

The thing that gets me is wb5apd does not know anything about me. Students can be of any age, and if he was to make more sence he should have added xbox 360 and not playstation 3 as the UK does not have it yet 23 March is the release date.

10. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Lets not dwell on this any further though Kurt.

Guys, from now on.. no further material on this, unless it's a direct discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.