my hp tx 2550ea has died yet again and hp dont care

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dan-e-boy, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan-e-boy

dan-e-boy Pen Pal - Newbie

i bought an hp tx 2550ea 6 months ago and its just come back from repair no 2 again with the mainboard being replaced. i paid near 900 pounds for this piece of plastic and to be told it has to go away for 4 repairs before anything will be done and im sure it breaks the sales of goods act FACT: HP DONT CARE ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY TO KEEP RIPPING CONSUMERS OFF

2. Robtang

Robtang Scribbler - Standard Member

unfortunatly as long as they are willing to repair it thats all you'll get from the SoG act. if you bought it from a 3rd party retailer you might have someone else to put pressure on

You just have to keep sending it back till they actually fix it properly.

Seems odd its died so quickly, ask them to replace your power brick and the battery; a few power surges can kill both and have nasty effects on other hardware.

3. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

after dealing with hp, i have to say they are a great company and care a lot. PROVIDED YOU BUY A BUSINESS MODEL. I have had serious issues with hp and consumer laptops, but on my compaq 2710p (which had a warped screen) they gave me no hassles whatsoever.

4. dan-e-boy

yeah but i didnt buy a business model i bought a consumer one and if they were a great company they would look at the hundreds upon hundreds of complaints within the tx series and recall them and replace them but they dont my next laptop is gonna be a toshiba at least they outlast their warranty

5. Kyle Porter

Toshiba has been a HORRIBLE company to deal with for me. They tried to convince me i shoved a screwdriver through my motherboard because it failed on me.

The TX series are cheap tablets pushed towards a consumer sector. Everybody wants power now, so they sacrifice quality to make the price justifiable. If you ever get another tablet, don't oust HP just for their TX series. the hp/ compaq line is one of the best in the business.

6. dan-e-boy

well i cant afford another laptop and i wasted 900 pounds on that piece of junk so i thik hp in future will be a big nono i may go for lenovo the ibm machines should last a long time im never buying hp again

7. Kyle Porter

Okay. This is your call on what brands you like.

I make it sure i never buy consumer just for the reason you stated. Keep in mind this is the same among ALL retail companies.

My suggestion is once you get it fixed, sell it on ebay used if you really dont like it this much. If you must have a tablet again, PM me Personally and i will help you find a tablet that you will be guaranteed happy with.

8. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

I had problems actually getting hold of my TX. Whatever you do, make a note of *everything* talked about, call them repeatedly and don't back down. When I was dealing with them I got the impression that they wouldn't do anything unless you physically restrained them to their desk and made them go through the motions.

In saying that, exactly what was the problem you had? Was it dead on arrival, or was it something that developed? If it was something they're obviously at fault for you can do a lot more than sit back and wait for them to get their arses into gear and get it repaired.

9. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

I don't really understand the OP. Is it now dead again after the 2nd repair? So this is the 3rd time out?

Laws vary depending on location, in California we have a lemon law for major consumer products. I've heard that laptops are in this category. I realize your in another country, but HP is based in California. Not sure if this would give you any leverage or not. The law is called Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act. Most people think it only applies to cars, but it applies to all major consumer purchases that are new.

This info might not help you, but you could always write to higher ups in HP and point out this law and others and that you should get a new TPC.

10. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Us Brits tried that over summer when we had issues getting our TX2500's using a CEO's personal contact form on their HP page. The only person that got a reply was told "Thanks for contacting us, but we've no idea who [the CEO] is".

Says a lot really. :rolleyes:

In saying that, depending on what the problem was it could be pretty easy to back them into giving a refund.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.