My Experience Might Help You

Discussion in 'Professions' started by Mikejody, Aug 11, 2016.

1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Maybe, but why when the app crashes does the system completely replace my file with a blank document everytime?

2. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member

That is not supposed to happen. Which-apps are you using.

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

It's happened with Sketchbook Pro and Infinite Painter. 3 times the document crashed and when I try to open the file again the preview looks cut off, (like a sliver of the image is shown in the thumbnail) and when I open it a blank canvas has taken its place. I guess that's what I hate about Android is usually you have backups you can resort to on Windows, but in Android everything is supposed to be automatic, so when it fails, it fails hard.

4. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member

i will advice you to return the tablet and seek replacement because that has never happened with me on android.

5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

@stoneseeker Do you have Dropbox installed? If do you could start by saving a new canvas to it (share to be more precise) and then set Dropbox to upload every five minutes or so. At least you should have most of your canvas available. Another trick is to open Task Manager and free up RAM, this will close your paint program as well, but when you open up again your canvas should be there (provided they've coded it according to Android guidelines).

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.