My EP121 Needs a Little Brother

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by Lazer, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Lazer

Lazer Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been rocking an ASUS EP121 for awhile and still love it. However, I really want something complimentary. Specifically, smaller and significantly lighter - but be able to at least get close to the EP121 performance, stylus, etc. A 1080 screen would be a big plus.

I use Photoshop CS3 (photo editing, large files); Illustrator CS3 (4-12 layers, sometimes complex, fairly large files); Dreamweaver; and other less intense programs. Streaming HD video too.

Perfect world? A Retina iPad mini with an EP121 inside.

I've been looking at the Dell Venue 11 Pro (stylus sucks?); Surface 2 Pro (too heavy); Thinkpad Helix (pushing it on size & weight); Thinkpad Tablet 2 (sub-1080 screen + will it run my programs ok with Atom & 2GB? Multitasking?)

Anyone out there have a "mini ep121" for travel, etc. I'm expecting to trade performance for weight.

2. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

the Asus Vivotab Note 8
    you will not find a better mini ep121
    and perhaps you fill forget your ep121.

3. antonioz

antonioz Pen Pal - Newbie

You could wait the new Elitepad 1000 (Atom BayTrail-T, 4gb, Atmel 2nd generation, ssd, FullHd 10.1" in 16:10 aspect ratio), if Atmel 2nd generation will be ok, or take an Asus VivoTab Note 8 as little brother (but it is Hd & it have 2gb)

4. Lazer

Lazer Pen Pal - Newbie

Awesome, thank you so much for your opinions! Both options are very intriguing. I want to check out a Vivotab Note in person to see if there's enough screen. The Elitepad sounds great too... Wait, now I have even more things to decide from, damn!

Is anyone here familiar with the Thinkpad stuff?

5. Lazer

Lazer Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks again for the suggestions. I tried out the VivoTab Note 8 and fell in love with it, for the price I just couldn't say no, so it went home with me. So far it's a perfect companion to my EP121!