My dream tablet

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by nnthemperor, Jun 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My Asus Vivotab TF810 shrunk to 8" with the same digital pen support, Windows 8.1, Atom Baytrail or even Haswell, and Google coming to their senses to release the Google Now and Google Maps apps for Windows 8.
    Reason, the Asus Vivotab 810 is a great device even in its current state.

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

To each, their own (of course), but for me the ideal tablet would feature an 8.5 by 11 display and be light enough to hold for extended periods of time. Standard-sized paper still dominates our culture.

I don't actually care that much about the internals; any reasonably responsive processor would be OK with me...!

3. nnthemperor

I see your point Steve. Makes sense too. But never heard of that size device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

4. Rousing_Dipthorne

Rousing_Dipthorne Pen Pal - Newbie

Let's see....

- A Windows OS. 7 or 8.
    - An 11inch 4:3 1600x1200 screen. The lower resolution makes program interfaces easier to navigate while giving us a more proportionate work area which is more comfortable to draw on.
    - 8 gigs of ram running dual channels into a full voltage CPU with max performance boost being an option without the use of an AC, regardless of how fast it will drain the battery life.
    - A gpu with dedicated DDR5 ram.
    - Intuos 3 or higher wacom hardware! Penabled is passable but it surprised me when I found out it was the interesting standard.
    - A 1.5-2 lb slate form factor with a keyboard dock (with battery!) that can act as a clamshell that closes in both the font and the back. The closing in the front is for storage and the back is for letting you use it as a stand in various angles or closing it entirely, letting you use it in it's flat tablet form while still giving you access to the battery and USB ports. The dock must also weigh the same or more than the tablet!
    -4g LTE

Don't get me wrong. I'm very much in love with my 700T. I honestly believe that with it's form factor it is the absolute best purchase I could have made for myself when I made it. But if I had the option for another convertible tablet this is what I would have wanted. What I have now is a mighty fine tablet. What I listed would have been something that would have replaced my desktop.

5. nnthemperor

That's fine, but we are talking about an on the go device.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

6. ionamartin123

ionamartin123 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm using android based tab and I always thought that windows based ones can't compete droids. But surprised to see it as your dream tab. I'm not a savvy and high chances are that I'm wrong on what I said, maybe win is far better. But droid rocks for me :)

7. nnthemperor

Well if you noticed one of my requirements was an active digitizer. That means windows and onenote, Microsoft office and other legacy softwares. Android is nice but outside a smartphone, I'm not really interested in it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

8. jend1

jend1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Shrunken display! I would like an 45'inch one with a styler/pen ofcourse , wouldn't be bad at all. Windows 8 on it for sure!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. cookies4you

cookies4you Scribbler - Standard Member

I'd like to see a Fujitsu Q702 (Q703?) with a Haswell processor, HD 5000 graphics, dual-channel (8 GB) RAM, Wacom instead of N-Trig, 6 hours of battery life without the dock, and 10-12 hours with it.

While I'd like to see a 16:10 (1440 x 900) panel would be nice, but I'm happy with this iterations current resolution.

10. Kate12

Kate12 Pen Pal - Newbie

Joining any community is like a trend in these days sometimes people joined for getting some entertainment but sometime they want to get useful information and knowledge from other community members. I am new in thins forum and want to find out good friends i found this community is highly interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.