My Cracked Screen Repair Story

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kapblp, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

The email is probably just sent slower than your ability to look the date up yourself. That is their way of "keeping you informed".

Today I got an email about my WOW Wrath of Lich King being sent - with tracking info. It already arrived yesterday, and they were suppose to email me when it shipped - the day before yesterday.

2. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, the deliver date was accurate. Too bad for me I was assuming it would be updated on the HP site when they shipped it out instead of on the day it was expected to be shipped out. I missed delivery by like 20 minutes. Went to work and checked later this morning to see if any updates were there and it said it had been shipped. I checked the FexEx tracking and it said deliver impossible since I wasn't there to sign for it. So I will work from home tomorrow until it arrives. Hopefully all will be well with my HP.

3. Jor-dan

Jor-dan Tablet-Loving Student

That's great that it came on time! They originally said the 19th and it's the 19th!

4. kapblp

Well actually they originally said the 17th then the next dog the 18th and on the 3rd day after I called it said 19th. But it stayed there until today.

5. kapblp

So it just arrived from HP via FedEx. Had to work at home to get it. Opened the box and they replaced the system board, the display, re-imaged the hard drive and the ICB Cover. Anyone know what an ICB Cover is? I'm a little concerned they didn't just replace the hard drive since it was dropped and right after the drop when I hooked up an external keyboard and monitor I did a scan of it and there were errors. I've always been told that if you find errors in a scan you should replace the HDD soon.

What do you think? Should I not worry about the HDD and what is that ICB Cover thing?

6. Thokas

Thokas Too many laptops...

The built in hard drive test in your system's BIOS is really good. It will fail your drive if there is a hardware issue. I've never heard of the "ICB cover" term before. But I can speculate that it the palm rest and touch pad. Or the plastic cover that the volume controls are connected too.

7. kapblp

That's amazing that they replaced all of that and didn't just send out a new system. But that's fine. It all works and I'm reinstalling all my apps. Didn't fix the strange creak that I get when I rest my right palm on the palm rest or touch the silver part just above the wireless switch. Not a perfect fit. That was like that from the beginning and a minor nag.

8. mariol90

mariol90 Scribbler - Standard Member

You got yours repaired pretty quickly. It took a week and a half for me to get my box, and I sent it back to them the 30th (of october). I talked to them a few times, and last Wednesday seemed to do the trick, maybe the tech support person made them fix it :) but I got it on friday, so I was without a computer for almost a month (sort of hard to use the computer when the digitizer is cracked).
    They replaced the entire top half of my computer, so I have a new LCD (samsung) too. The viewing angles seem poor when the display is rotated 180 degrees (or if you look at it upside down when the computer is in "laptop" mode).
    It's nice to have a laptop again. :D

9. kapblp

I noticed that my display had a much more narrow viewing angle than I remembered too. Didn't think about till I read what you wrote. However all in all I'm satisfied. Not the horror stories I heard when I got my first HP TX tablet back in winter last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.