My battery wont charge past 36%

Discussion in 'Asus' started by kudoskun, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kudoskun

kudoskun Scribbler - Standard Member

Like the title says, my battery wont charge past 36%. I dont care much either.... the laptop has lost alot of its functionality with the whole battery issue and I regret buying it.

Its not just the battery issue, but that is the lead contributor.

2. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If it won't charge and there are other problems, RMA the whole darn thing.

3. eva04

eva04 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah. RMA it and send my regards too!

4. cecirdr

cecirdr Scribbler - Standard Member

RMA the whole thing. I've done so twice. I complained the second time about none of the problems being fixed the first time. I requested that ASUS pay the shipping to the repair facility for future trips for the same problem. They sent me an Engrish email teling me the procedure and giving me their FedEx account number. (they also declared that there was some page to fill in and sign where I denote the parts and serial numbers of what I sent in...but they didn't include that in any correspondence).

Due to the lack of response, horrible Engrish, and chaotic repair instructions, I do not recommend Asus products. If you get a lemon, you're going to be in for a very long ride...and likely simply out the money for the computer. Mine still has all of the same problems it did on day one.

Maybe if we all keep sending in these units and Asus has to pay the shipping, they'll eventually replace them with a working machine (that I can sell and get away from this company).

5. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

Come on guys - I know you have all had horrible experiences, but I am frankly getting sick of everytime somebody has had a problem all I read is "Asus is a horrible company, I should get my money back". Not saying that you can't complain. Just some positives would be nice (or at least a good luck to those seeking help, instead a whole message of doom and gloom).

I remember there was a thread a while back (couldn't find it) describing similar problems. As far as I know they RMA-ed the tablet, and I don't think we heard back, so I'm presuming the problem was solved.

All the best :)

6. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Chinesefireball121 just wondering something. You referred to a thread saying how bad Asus was and regards gaining a refund. Was that myself you were referring to by any chance.

If it was then the only reason you havent heard back till now is because Asus screwed up with their customer service, lied to me, delayed me, caused me to take time off work waiting on a courier which they had never ordered (1 week), then mistakenly reported the issues to the repair company causing furthere delay. Im still waiting on my R1f to return.

So how about we all wish those poor customers looking for service the very best of luck as you requested, because god knows they are going to need all the help they can get.

BTW : If it wasnt me you were referring to then my apologies for grabbing someone else's limelight but i understand how hard it was for you to find one individual complaint amongst so many. Its a needle in a haystack.

I have dealt with some amazing companies before and will always give credit were its due but these guys dont deserve it. If i had a positive point to express i would be the 1st to comment on it as i am a complete tech head, work as a tech support/customer services agent and love the tablet concept. But i have not had one.

Also you were saying elsewhere that you do not personally own an R1f yourself. Have you dealt with Asus customer service yourself and if so may we know what the issue was, the resolution, timeframe and also your location to see if it varies worldwide. Thanks.

7. thaluckyspoon

thaluckyspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

This is exactly why I predict (and could care less) that Asus will never return to the tablet market.

8. jdwilson

jdwilson Scribbler - Standard Member

I have had a similar problem with the battery appearing to be stuck at 36% charge. I've found that if you remove the battery for some period of time (maybe 30 seconds, it has to be more than just a second), then the battery data resets and it will return to "normal."

("Normal" in my case is 17% wear on a battery I received after a RMA.)

If you use NHC to monitor your battery, you can review the battery measures and you'll probably see an impossibly high value for the "fully charged capacity." After you reset the battery, you'll find that it returns to normal.

This started happening to me over a month ago. At first it was only very occasionally, but now it happens several times each week.

It is probably my fault for turning the computer on and off once each day. I am a very bad user and I should stop complaining I am sure but I can't help myself. It makes me feel good to talk trash about my Asus R1F and the customer service at Asus which hasn't publicly responded to this problem since it surfaced over six months ago because, I am sure, they are too busy working to solve the problem. Since this is really all about me and my personal feelings of superiority, I think maybe I'll try criticizing all the other whiners out there to make myself feel good.

9. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Funny stuff. My love affair with Asus is definately over. As much as I do like Asus service, I'd be happier if I didn't have to contact them so much.

10. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi jdwilson, ya know they say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Well thats BS. Just like to say, very nicely put and I know exactly were your coming from. I guess we must all be suffering some form of joint mental issue to be complaining so much. Anyone fancy joining hands outside Asus HQ and start chanting until our collective batteries run out. Shouldn't take more than a lunch break. Ill bring the pitchforks.