My 1st stupid question

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Ria, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Noahas

Noahas Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got the TC4200 delivered today and only have to download 52 updates from Microsoft (really, 40 critical, 8 software and 4 hardware).

As I was downloading them and reading the hp manual, I came up with this:

Where does the stylus tether attach to the tablet? I assume one end goes through the small eyelit on the stylus, but I couldn't figure out what the other end attaches to?

Sorry, future questions will be more advanced I am sure.

Thanks in advance.

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Noahas,

No worries, this is a valid question. I admittedly have struggled to find a power switch on some devices we have reviewed! I don't have the TC4200 in front of me. Hoping Daring will jump in here!

3. Daring

Daring Moderator

I realize that this sounds silly, but I've never even tried to attach the tether to the machine. I will find out tonight though and post.

4. Havraha

Havraha Pen Pal - Newbie

Twas never a big fan of tethered pens. Feels too much like I'm in a bank or something. :p Nonetheless, I don't have a tc4200 and therefor have no idea. Pull through for us, Daring!

5. Noahas

Noahas Pen Pal - Newbie

You know, I just assumed that everyone used the tether. Since I have had the thing for about 16 hours now (slept for 8, meeting for 3, and played with it for the other 5 :) ) I realize that I really don't need the tether either.

Thanks for your help though.

6. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Pen Pal - Newbie

You're right not to bother with the tether. I struggled for a long time to find where to attach it to the tablet. With tablet closed, there is a small hole about 1" or so to the right of the pen. With a bit of a struggle, the tether goes through there.

I tried it for an evening and spent all my time untangling the cord which twisted round itself repeatedly. Haven't bothered since!

Hillbilly

7. Ria

Ria Pen Pal - Newbie

It took me FOREVER to get my tether through, only to have it annoy me, so i took it off. It tends to wind up around either the pen or my hand and get in the way... although now I'm always afraid of losing my pen!