MUST-HAVE software for TM2

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by rorytmeadows, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r3fr4cti0n

r3fr4cti0n Pen Pal - Newbie

2. miniredrobot

miniredrobot Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there anything like modlock with a bit more customization?

I use modlock with Photoshop to access Control, Shift, Alt and Space easily. I also added the Del key to clear selected areas easily. But I would love to be able to have all four arrow keys onscreen to make fine pixel by pixel adjustments...

Any suggestions? I think if I get rid of 'Del' I can get the four arrows?

3. ebullient

ebullient Pen Pal - Newbie

Seconding Art Rage. The pressure sensitivity works great and it's designed to be used by a tablet with all the tools/color palette/etc within easy reach. The touch controls are awesome, you can rotate/zoom/pan but for serious work I recommend stylus only. The pressure sensitivity works wonderfully.

It has a free version that gives you an excellent sketchbook, the Pro version adds more complex color mixing and tools for more serious drawings.

Anyone who is in any way art inclined should get this.

4. ebullient

ebullient Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is a method of enabling 3-finger swipe in Chrome (ala OSX's Safari). It is a .bat that edits the registry, or alternatively an actual registry file. You can open either in notepad or whatever to make sure they're not doing anything funny (I didn't find anything).

Very handy for browser navigation. More details on the how and why here.

5. crabnebula

crabnebula Pen Pal - Newbie

Some of you might have noticed that for optimal clarity, ClearType needs to be adjusted when changing screen orientations (subpixel order changes from RGB to BGR when rotating 180 degrees).

Here is a small utility that will do this automatically:

ClearType Rotator - Dragon's Eye News

6. PhotoMuis

PhotoMuis Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi miniredrobot, take a look at Comfort Keys Pro. It is not freeware (there is a trial version), but you can create any keyboard you like, with as few or as many keys as you wait... I also like having the arrows in Photoshop, and wanted the numbers as well, so I took one of the full layout as the basis, and deleted everything I don't need.

7. Mark_O

Mark_O Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, crabnebula, I did notice that things were less clear in one orientation than the other, but had no clue as to the reason why. Thanks for the info, and the link to CT Rotator. I'll check it out.

- Mark

8. crabnebula

crabnebula Pen Pal - Newbie

You're welcome. Personally I find it makes a big difference. Unfortunately ClearType isn't designed for portrait orientations when the subpixels are spread out vertically, but I don't use those that much. Due to the poor viewing angles, when using portrait both eyes don't see the same colors and it is very annoying.

9. bitemark

bitemark Custom User Title

Created an account because I didn't see what I was looking for here.

My previous laptops have all had onscreen displays for when I adjust the volume. For some reason HP seems to have left this out. To replace it, I found:

System Volume Control Indicator For Windows 7

It's very handy if you happen to use the FN volume adjust keys a lot, like I do.

10. kylera

kylera Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm more of a Daemon Tools fan for mounting ISO images.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015