Music player - some thoughts

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by d.goryachev, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

Any media player would be nice to use. Even if it can only play one kind of codec. I would happily convert video to a certain format.

Found this blogpost.

Linux Related: Writing a Simple Media Player in QT

2. suijuris213

suijuris213 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I've been having an issue where the music player recognizes the music files on my external sd card, but not those stored on the eee note itself. They play fine on the native player, but for some reason QtMPC doesn't pick them up. I read in the discussion earlier that the music should be located in /eTablet/music. I saw that my files were located in /eTablet/var/music so I tried moving the music folder directly into the eTablet folder but that didn't help. I don't have any programming background so any help would be greatly appreciated. The MPD host and port are set correctly to 127.0.0.1 and 6600, so I don't think there's any issue there. Thank you to everyone on this board who have helped people like me add a lot of functionality to their devices.

3. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

I thought it was only on SDCard. I never heard about local storage in /eTablet/music/. Why are you simply not placing music files on SDCard?

For me, I placed all my music files on SDCard. It's about 1-2 Gb. All the other things are in local. It's probably the only thing that doesn't bother Asus' native apps. I mean, when you have a book or a note on SDCard, you can't lock them or do other stuff.

I'll see otherwise on local settings' file or maybe in code.

Edit: I found it. :D Use CuteNotes Editor to open "/eTablet/settings/mpd/mpd.conf". After that just modify the line
    music_directory "/mnt/extsdcard/music" by
    music_directory "/eTablet/var/music" (or whatever you want)

Then go on QtMPC (new music player) and select Actions->Update database. It may take a while or you'll maybe need to Update again in order to work.

PS: I didn't try, but it should work. :cool:

Etienne

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  4. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

In order to compile this application we need phonon. We didn't sucess to compile it yet. We have GStreamer with video enabled (supposed) and I didn't find any Qt Apps that would work with Qt/embedded.

I think the problem is on the lack of X server. It directly draws things on frame-buffer (which X would do after). There's softwares that could work (like maybe VLC), but I don't have the ability to cross-compile it.

I'm glad I'm not alone to see that it needs simple video player ! :p
    I would use it to watch videocasts. I resigned to use audio format only then ...
    :(
    Sorry.

Etienne

5. suijuris213

suijuris213 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Etienne, that worked like a charm! Is it possible to set the music_directory setting so MPD searches both the music folder on the external sd card as well as the one on the internal card that holds the /eTablet files? If not, I'll probably just move all my music to external card and, as you did, use the internal memory for just books.

6. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

I didn't try, but I don't think so. It seems to be a variable (it would erase the other). Try testing if it checks files on folders inside that directory. If it works (almost no chance), you could make a link to SDCard /music. I don't have enote now to tes(forgot at friend's house). Sorry

We could also recompile it ;)

7. catman

catman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

The EEEnote has been unseparable friend since one year ago for work pourposes and I think QtMPC is better than native software for music listening; could be also used for streaming, internet radio and so on ?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.