multitouch - T5010, T4410, T4310 users please help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by georgedavidson, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgedavidson

georgedavidson Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there

I am about to buy a refurbished Fujitsu T4410. I am on a very low budget and I find that fujitsu laptops have a very high reliability.

I have read its specs and done some research on the web. I found that it has multi-touch capability on windows 7. I want to use it with windows 8. I checked the fujitsu website and found they only have dual digitizer drivers for windows 7 - for every model of that age, T4310, T4410 and T5510. I thought the newer windows 8 drivers of T901 would do the trick but I quickly realized fujitsu had listed two drivers for the wacom screens in a T901 - the usual driver plus a firmware. This clearly means the wacom screens later used in the newer T series are different from the ones used in T4410, T4310. It's like the N-Trig screens in the Dell XT/2 and Hp tx2. They first require the firmware flashed in windows 7 and then an upgrade to windows 8, instead of a clean install, in order to enable multi-touch in windows 8.

I was hoping if anyone having a T4410 running windows 8 could help me verify if the multi-touch works and how they got it to work - the drivers they used. If anyone could upload a picture or a reference video showing this that would really help. (I also noticed it was pretty easy to check if you had multi-touch by going to Free Omnitapps Multitouch Test Application on the internet and clicking test).

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Hi George,

Please don't cross post, you've posted this in 3 forums now, I understand that you are urgently looking for a solution and it was suggested you post in the Hardware Forum but please don't cross post as it will be difficult to follow the threads.

Thanks,

3. georgedavidson

georgedavidson Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for understanding my situation. I will surely stop now and will hope for the best.

Sorry for any trouble.

Fingers crossed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.