Multitouch on chrome browser

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Azuryu, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Azuryu

Azuryu Pen Pal - Newbie

I had a quick question:

1.) Has anyone used the chromeTouch extension in chrome for multitouch gestures?

2.) Does the lack of points (I think the Tm2 only has 2 or 3?) make it harder?

I've never used multitouch on a browser so I don't know how useful it is but in slate mode I'm guessing you have to, and I use chrome myself. Thanks!

2. Meatlocker

Meatlocker Software Development Pro

ChromeTouch is 'so-so'. Firefox by far is better for touch browsing (IMO). I am really hoping the Opera comes around at some point - 10.5 Beta 2 is blazingly fast but crap on a tablet.

3. Azuryu

Azuryu Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm partial to chrome because of the streamlined look, speed and no 200 toolbars using up my already limited 12 inch screen. I'll look into Firefox again though and play around with them both. How many points does the Tm2 support anyway? I saw a prototype wacom capacitive multitouch on youtube with 10 points....

4. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The tm2 supports two points of touch, at least that's displayed on the System screen of my tm2 with the default Windows 7 Home Premium install.

At any rate I know I'm not hip or cool saying this but good old IE actually has decent touch enablement. Nothing fancy but all the basics are there and with my DPI get at 125% scaling it's actually pretty easy to surf with touch on the tm2. It's actually kind of fun at times.

5. Azuryu

Azuryu Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah ive heard IE has the best going for it touch wise. There is a small community working on chromeTouch so I'm hoping that they will have it perfected soon. I've heard 2.5 is doing well and from my tests on my vaio ux scrolling is a pleasure. Has wacom said anything about releasing newer multitouch drivers? More touch points means i can play multitouch games with people.... 2 points barely qualifies as multitouch in my book.

6. jkenny23

jkenny23 Scribbler - Standard Member

Has anyone even figured out whether the two points is a hardware or firmware limitation? It would be nice if it was just a matter of a driver update in the future, but then why wouldn't they have had all points from the start?

7. Azuryu

Azuryu Pen Pal - Newbie

You have to remember that N-trig had to develop drivers for more points, im assuming that Wacom will as well. Hardware shouldn't be limited at all, as capacitive by nature can handle way more than 2.