multitouch music software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by frenchfragger, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frenchfragger

frenchfragger Pen Pal - Newbie

Can anyone recommend music creation software that is touch friendy?

I finally jumped into the tablet owners club with a hp tx2 1160ea.

Having seen some footage of the jazzmutant in action I'd like to beleve there's some software that could be fun to use to create music with my fingers. I think I need something tactile and natural to get me back into creating music.

I never really enjoyed computer based recording, well not as much as I enjoyed using a 4 track cassette recorder. I have used cubase and cool edit pro, but that was a long time ago.

So I'm abit out of touch, pardon the pun, with computer music software.
    Where should I start? ableton? reason? cubase? I want to record live instruments (I will probably use a zoom h4 as sound input) as well as digital music. but it must be fun to use and maybe simple to start with

I also want to do some live stuff with the tablet

I haven't a cue where to start so your help is appreciated if you have any views on this. I couldn't find much onthis subject.

multitouch might be a stretch goal.

2. svm

svm Pen Pal - Newbie

That makes two of us. I wonder if there is something like a piano or a guitar software for tablet PC with Multi touch?

3. frenchfragger

frenchfragger Pen Pal - Newbie

Although I did sell my midi keyboard along with a lot of other things before a big move, I am thinking more of along the lines of a sample program that could work like an MPC, a mulltitrack recorder with touch friendly transport, a synth creation software... basixally not just a keyboard
    I think the Lemur\jazzmutant us a good ref.

main aim is user friendly with touch, multitouch is a bonus.

Any suggestions? What set-up do you use?

4. duncanish

duncanish Pen Pal - Newbie

I use ableton. It's great just haven;t installed it on new tablet. for a multitracker/looper it would be ideal. they have an ability to work with ipad for parameter changes.