multi-touch in Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by iadagraca, May 5, 2014.

1. iadagraca

iadagraca Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't seem to get Photoshop working with pan and Zoom on this tablet. Any one else have this issue?

I have the feel drivers so the pen works great.

I can make pan work but its glitchy...

the pan tools work fine but thats not what i'm going for, all other apps like clipstudio work fine.

any help would be great!

2. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Photoshop hasn't been optimized for tablets or touch screens for that matter.

I don't use touch to do those actions, honestly I don't think you'll get it to work...

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

You can get it to work on the EP121...set "zoom with scroll wheel" to on for pinch zoom, and for panning, remember to drag slightly to the right before moving in other direction.

Bronsky likes this.
  4. benroveno

benroveno Pen Pal - Newbie

You're wrong. I actually have seen the Photoshop app on Tegra Note tablet. You can check it out on NVIDIA's Tegra Note stylus demo on their YouTube channel. There you can see that this tablet and its stylus have been well-optimized with that PhotoShop app.

5. BobWerk

BobWerk Pen Pal - Newbie

Does Sketchbook Pro provide multi-touch gesture support? Every time I want to drag the canvas, I end up painting a line with my fingers.

6. ron2k_1

Sketchbook works perfectly. Ensure you've updated to the latest version. The earlier 6.x.x version didn't support touch gestures.

I've never been able to zoom, pan and rotate canvas on any of my tablets with photoshop. It seems that it wants to work in the beginning but most times stray marks stay behind. So I stopped bother and instead use a mini keyboard or 1 of the many toolbars available out there. The Python toolbar by romz34 is my favorite although it has some bugs to flattened out.

Artrage is another one that gives me trouble to use touch gestures on. I think I need to advice the developer but I don't use it much so I'm a bit lazy to report it.

7. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I believe the poster you're accusing of being wrong is referring to x86 Photoshop while you're either referring to Photoshop Touch or Photoshop Express (also available as a WinRT App) which is on Android and has a subset of functionality of its Win32 Cousin....

ron2k_1 likes this.
  8. ron2k_1

You're right! I now notice he mentioning the Tegra Note. I've seen that tab been mentioned before but I don't even think the digitizer on that thing is Wacom and the OS should be Android.

My bad for not clarifying which platform I was talking about and not asking which Asus the OP was querryig about.