Multi Pen/Device testing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by violajack, Mar 12, 2017.

1. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

It took A LOT of effort to make the Chuwi look decent. Not something for jotting stuff down without having to think about it. It went to it's new home via ebay yesterday. I'll be interested to see how the chuwi hi13 performs, but I don't think I'll get one myself unless it's proven significantly better. Or I get bored. Which is actually pretty likely.

Please, add moar samples! Surely I'm not the only one here with lots of pens and tablets laying around. I got the bamboo smart pen too, so I'll try to do a new one with the samsung stuff and that pen.

Spraaq likes this.
  2. abanghasan

abanghasan Pen Pal - Newbie

samsung galaxy note 8 good tablet too, i have used it before.. for me it is good, but for the other i dont know their judgement..every people have different view point

3. crazycat

crazycat Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is my result, though my hand writting is horrible so I doubt it will help much.
    Also, if your Chuwi Goodix digitizer is anything as bad as the Cube iwork 10 I used to have, you managed to write that was an accomplisment ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    violajack likes this.
  4. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi @crazycat, my Cube Mix Plus has a back light bleed on the right edge. My friends in Hanoi like the feature of the tablet but criticize its QA
    Do you think that local reseller will request for warranty and send my device to China?

5. crazycat

crazycat Pen Pal - Newbie

I think you should send the reseller a video showing your problem and ask him if he could send it back to China. He might need to send a video of the problem first and can only send it back if the manufacturer acknowledge the defect and agree to take it back for warranty.

YMMV, but In personal opinion though, you should see if the bleeding really really bother you or not. From what I can see, it's really small and hardly noticeable under normal usage like web surfing and use a lighter wallpaper. If it doesn't obscure usage and not noticeable unless you are looking for it, I say just keep it. It hardly worth the trouble to send the thing crossborder and wait two or three month without a tablet to use, and by the time you get it back its value will be a lot lower. Chinese tablet does not have a good resale value either, so having a perfect screen hardly help in that regard. It is another thing if the tablet have dead pixel or wavy pen digitizer, but I don't think a little light bleed would worth the return.

While you are still in this thread, how about sharing a little writing sample of the Cube Mix Plus? ;)

Starlight5 likes this.
  6. okieiam

Thank you. The reseller will do it on my behalf, I gave my Mix to him. Hope it wouldn't take too long time. if it is returnable, he will add my tablet to his on-going warranty batch, next week . I have to say the pen experience of the Cube Mix Plus is exceptional, better than Samsung Note 5, Samsung A6 Tab, HP2760. I tried to enclose the sample handwriting here, but the forum's attachments' size limit is too small.

7. djas

djas Graffiti User

My pen device of choice: GTA8SP with Surface Pen.

Samples:

8. okieiam

I have sent him a video as your recommend but he is still reluctant to forward it to the Cube manufacture. He's own warranty policy at his web site and as spoken to the customers is within 1 month waiting for warranty. Now he said to me if he send my device to China I have to wait 2 months and they may return the same device without repair. I didn't manage to email with Cube China and inform me the Cube manufacture's answer. I think he is not a trustworthy reseller. I know some people buying China tablets from him and they complain about his warranty. He always refuse and the communication to China manufacture is not transparent. How do you work with him?

9. Spraaq

Spraaq Pen Pal - Newbie

Huh, thanks for this, the S Chromebook Plus looks really interesting, especially since it can run Linux.

10. Spraaq

Spraaq Pen Pal - Newbie

Got some scrawls on my Cube iWork11 Stylus in my native language. My PnP handwriting looks fairly similar unfortunately. No wacom driver in this one, but I did an improved calibration with Ink, the method can be found on the xda forum. It feels nice, the edges and corners are horrible, but the top 3-4 rows are perfect, but I guess that's mostly depends on how you hold the stylus during calibration.

Attached Files: